+ Reply to Thread
    Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

Verizon says maybe to Treo 600

This is a response that a user has received from Verizon relating to the Treo 600....

"Thank you for your message to [name removed] (attached below). We appreciate your strong interest in obtaining a TREO 600 for use on our national network.

We are currently working with Handspring and are considering adding the TREO 600 to our lineup. Before bringing any device to market, it must be integrated with the Verizon Wireless product suite and passed through rigorous network quality testing.

We will be glad to notify you directly regarding our launch plans for the TREO 600 once this process has been completed.

Thank you again for your loyalty to Verizon Wireless."

If you'd like to join the petition, it is available HERE.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Mike - Been Converged?

treo 600

Could it be true?

Finally!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.palminfocentre.com/view_story.asp?ID=6699

I wouldn't hold my breath now as long as it took them to finally release the 7135.
    Especially with all the reported problems with the Treo 600.

I was at Microsoft's TechED in San Diego last week and talked with rep from Good Technology. Their product is used to push your corporate email to your PDA phone. However, our company uses Verizon and Good didn't support any Verizon phones. So I was telling the rep that was too bad because there was no way we would switch providers. He then told me that Verizon was going to be releasing the Treo 600 within a month or so and that we could use their product with the Treo 600 on Verizon. Not sure how accurate his info is, but he said that his company had been working with Verizon to support the Treo 600 when it came out, as well as their Microsoft Smartphone's within the next six months.

Its coming soon!

Originally posted by mbarcus
    I was at Microsoft's TechED in San Diego last week and talked with rep from Good Technology. Their product is used to push your corporate email to your PDA phone. However, our company uses Verizon and Good didn't support any Verizon phones. So I was telling the rep that was too bad because there was no way we would switch providers. He then told me that Verizon was going to be releasing the Treo 600 within a month or so and that we could use their product with the Treo 600 on Verizon. Not sure how accurate his info is, but he said that his company had been working with Verizon to support the Treo 600 when it came out, as well as their Microsoft Smartphone's within the next six months.
    The treo 600 finally received approval yesterday according to a Verizon employee. I called my business rep and he said that we might see it by the end of the month. They just need to fill the sales channels with product. Can't wait to get one.

Verizon and PalmOne to announce Treo 600

FlashPhone has information (from an anonymous source) that VZW and PalmOne will announce "within the next few days" that VZW will be carrying the Treo 600. There will be two versions, one with the camera and the other without camera. Other than the camera, both models are identical. $499.00 with a one-year contract and $449.00 with a 2-year contract.

Here is the announcement on SlashPhone
    Dave

Talking Verizon Was Pregnant

Gosh - only 9 months from conception to full term delivery. Who said it couldn't be done.
    Dale2 - The "P" in PDA is for Personal. There is no "best" PDA.
    Sprint CDMA Treo 650 since 11/05

It is arriving soon. My rep at the VZW store showed me their marketing materials for it yesterday. She could not give me one, but did give me a nifty Treo pen that the reps gave them for later promos. The device is as previously pictured with the raised ear peice like the Sprint model, and the silver color of the GSM version. She said that once the marketing materials are in hand, it's usually only a few days after that the devices arrive.
    Ascii stupid question, get a stupid Ansi.

Approved by Verizon

Well folks, I have been on the line with two Customer Service reps this morning regarding the release of the Treo 600 on Verizon Wireless. One was with the data group one with the regular (611 or 800-2-JOIN-IN) group. Both confirmed that the Treo 600 has been approved by Verizon. They say that it should be here within a month, in Verizon speak that means it is here - the never, ever pre-announce any device as far as I have seen.

Also confirmed that they would have a version with the camera and one without. I think I will go with the Camera version and swap to the non camera if I have issues with work and the camera calling on my accounts.

I am hoping that PalmOne has built up sufficient inventory of CDMA - Verizon Branded phones to be ready for this. This has to be big for them getting the number one carrier in the country on board.

I am thinking of ordering my Vaja Case for the Treo now as they take some time to ship and don't want a naked candy bar phone with that big a screen. Anyone that knows of a good Treo 600 case discussion point me in the right direction.
    Mark
    ==========================
    Palm Personal > Palm V > Palm Vx > Clie 760 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 >Treo 650 > (Maybe i730??)

The Vaja is nice but I like the Covertec side case. You'll find a lot of opinions on the subject if you do a search.

Just got back from VZW store again and the manager showed me the mock up phone for the Treo 600. It's a reality folks.

July 12 - Business Release

Well folks, VZW (611) call gave the following:

- July 12th release of Treo 600 for Business Customers
    - July 19th for the rest of the world.

I gotta try and get one on Monday!

I am eligible for New Every 2 so I can get a sweet deal on the phone itself. Pass my 7135 down to the wife and sell her Tungsten E that is like new on Ebay. Almost free upgrade.
    Mark
    ==========================
    Palm Personal > Palm V > Palm Vx > Clie 760 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 >Treo 650 > (Maybe i730??)

Treo 600 comes to VZW

Treo 600 will launch July 12th to B2B channels and July 19th to retail