+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy RAVE, where are you??

I was only reading these posts but it seems like all is quiet on the front. So I registered to ask anyone in the know what is going on behind the scenes at Samsung.

Please give me any news regarding ANY Palm phone from Samsung. Maybe some general hints regarding the OS 6 platforms.

Any basic idea when the SGH-i500 will be making its debut? Later than March 2004, for example??

In dire need of news, any news...

z<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

PHO
    Broward County Florida, "Home of the Hanging Chad"
    no one knows and any guess at this point would be a wild one at best. A phone will likley come out within the next year.

Please check out my new radio show - you can listen live online Saturdays from 9-10am

www.grtalk.com

"Aaron the Research Dept."

Originally posted by PHO
    no one knows and any guess at this point would be a wild one at best. A phone will likley come out within the next year.

I'm afraid I expect it to be definitely no earlier than April. Still, it should launch in the first half of the year... or else.

Sorry, but I have lost track of this topic. Are we strictly talking about the non-CDMA version... or might we see this in the US in CDMA in April?
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Originally posted by Robert K.
    Sorry, but I have lost track of this topic. Are we strictly talking about the non-CDMA version... or might we see this in the US in CDMA in April?
    Well, the April answer is for the SGH-i500. I don't really know about the i505, perhaps because I personally don't take to that feature set. The CDMA version? I couldn't say...

How about the thing you're working on, RAVE? The OS 6 project that is.... any basic idea when that's due for? Mid or end 2004 maybe?

Samsung is very quick to market with most of its consumer electronic products, but with the smartphones its lagging behind. I therefore must assume software adaptation must be the main culprit...

z

Jerry Keel
    Wow, so much to read about this phone and all I want to know is when can I get one for myself. I really like the SGH-i500 because it has the external display and the camera. Will there be a model anytime soon for the US with both of these features?

I am not that impressed with the SGH-i505.

You guys in North America keep asking the same bloody question about using GSM phones like the SGH-i500. For the last time: YOU CAN BUY AN UNLOCKED GSM PHONE FROM EUROPE OR ELSEWHERE AND USE IT WITH GSM OPERATORS LIKE VERIZON, ATT, MICROCELL (in Canada) etc...

Just browse Ebay.com or go to any one of the hundreds of internet shops that sell mobile phones and buy an unlocked phone. The only disadvantage is that you might have a difficult time with warranty problems.

Originally posted by rave
    I'm afraid I expect it to be definitely no earlier than April. Still, it should launch in the first half of the year... or else.
    ARHH!! April? Just wondering, why is it taking so long for Samsung to release this phone? If I recall, the SGH-i500 was announced last spring and an April debut would mean it took Samsung ONE YEAR to release this phone!?

Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    ARHH!! April? Just wondering, why is it taking so long for Samsung to release this phone? If I recall, the SGH-i500 was announced last spring and an April debut would mean it took Samsung ONE YEAR to release this phone!?
    About the same as the SPH-i500. I wonder if they're just being ANNOUNCED too early in the development cycle? Sure creates a lot of frustrated anticipation.

jlv
    Originally posted by zlama
    For the last time:
    Of course, Verizon is not a GSM operator. And, please don't yell.

And you can't buy an unlocked SGH-i500 and activate it in the US... because there are none for sale anywhere (yet/still).

Anyone have more information on syncing Samsung i500 with mac? Markspace sync refers only to Samsung i330.

PHO
    Broward County Florida, "Home of the Hanging Chad"
    Originally posted by walterwright
    Anyone have more information on syncing Samsung i500 with mac? Markspace sync refers only to Samsung i330.
    there are 2 i500's, there is an sGh i500 which is not out, the one that is out on sprint is the sPh i500, there is a forum for that phone where mac syncing is discussed.

http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...s=&forumid=116
    Please check out my new radio show - you can listen live online Saturdays from 9-10am

www.grtalk.com

"Aaron the Research Dept."

Originally posted by reidme
    About the same as the SPH-i500. I wonder if they're just being ANNOUNCED too early in the development cycle? Sure creates a lot of frustrated anticipation.
    Look it up in Websters:

vaporware = preemptive strike = Samsung

That said, I still love my i500 even after waiting 17 months from its initial announcement
    Dale2 - The "P" in PDA is for Personal. There is no "best" PDA.
    Sprint CDMA Treo 650 since 11/05

Talking i500 april?

is it just a hush hush or any credible source saying earliest release would only be in april ? if really april., thats really a big DUH! am going to see treo 600 this week, but wouldnt think would settle for it when comparing i500 features....

RAVE??

Hey, Rave...since Kyocera introduced their "RAVE" series phone...http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/supp...demo/rave.html

probably time to change your handle....would've been better for Samsung to release a "RAVE".

samsung sgh i500 & i505

From what i have seen, the only difference between the i500 and i505 is the rotating screen on the i505 and better screen(graphics) on the i500 than the i505. The memory is the same, dimensions are the same, but the camera is better on the sph i500. I personally would feel better with the i505 due to the rotating screen because i am an avid graffiti user and feel the tablet style would be much easier to use in this matter. What i would like to see, and am hoping samsung is doing right now, is combining these features and then releasing the phone by march or april. Does anyone know what browser comes with the phones and if it is java compatible and faster?

Thanks....

Angry lenovo et560

I first saw the SGH-i500 at Cebit in 03/2003 and I am still waiting (
    and what happend now? Legend is coming with a great phone : the lenovo ET560. It does everything the SGH-i500 can do, but also includes bluetooth and rotating screen...Great phone!!!
    ET560 release time: Mid Feb for chinese market, with dual band, and chinese version. It will show in Cebit 2004, with English version. Tri band and English Version will release in APR 2004.
    Specs are nice (except PocketPc, would prefer PalmOS)

Specifications of Lenovo ET560:
    Dimensions : 107X65.5X24mm.
    Weight : 176g.
    GSM Dualband (900/1800MHz). (TriBand in europe)
    GPRS (General Packet Radio Service).
    Bluetooth
    Intel X-Scale 400MHz processor.
    Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC Phone Edition Operating System.
    64MB RAM.
    32MB Flash ROM.
    Dual LCD display screen, external mono LCD display screen and internal 320X240 pixels 262144 colours TFT LCD display screen.
    Integrated 350K resolutions digital camera.
    Built-in microphone, speaker and headphone jack.
    Call vibration.
    Polyphonic ring tone.
    Text input prediction software.
    SD/SDIO/MMC card expansion slot.
    Infrared and USB host (!) port.
    Up to 160 hours of standby time.

What is Samsung waiting for???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RAVE, where are you??-a4-m_3bct9rzb56ko.jpg  
    Last edited by cmatic; 01-14-2004 at 11:47 AM.

Newbe here. Will the Lenovo be available in the US? Does it have a price tag?

Re: lenovo et560

First, since this is my first post, hello to all.
    Well....Since others already asking Rave for info about i500, there was no need to register until now, even tho' I am following this forum regularly.

But now this is smth worth doing it:

Originally posted by cmatic
    I Legend is coming with a great phone : the lenovo ET560. [...]
    ET560 release time: Mid Feb for chinese market, with dual band, and chinese version. It will show in Cebit 2004, with English version. Tri band and English Version will release in APR 2004.
    Specs are nice (except PocketPc, would prefer PalmOS)
    Wow, now this is intresting. Only one question though:

Where did you took the release dates from ? Are there reliable ? Any other sources for double-checking them ?

TIA,

Yup.