+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

The i760 Case Thread...

And so with release so close, dimensions already available, and no apparent case provided with the unit, I was wondering what everyone's intentions were in regards to protection, and carrying your shiny new i760? I think I would prefer a sideways slipper like I use with my Q and Treo 700w...

I put my i730 in my pocket... If there was a very slim skin type case that wasnt fugly I'd spring for it. I hate belt clip ones.

My preference is something to cover the face of the device only.

For my 730 I pulled the belt clip off the supplied case and sanded it down.

I want that form factor but maybe in bushed steel...
    Xbox Live PdaPhoneHome.com Leaderboard: Add your gamertag to the new community leaderboard!

Smartphone and Pocket PC Magazine 2007 Annual Best of Software Awards Judge.

I use Rhino-skin

I want an i730 style holster (without the random call answering of course).... You really can't get any better than that.

my i730 belt clip broke off fairly quickly so i have been just putting it in my pocket for the last 2 years. never really found a case that i liked and had other things to spend the money on. i will probably do the same thing when i get around to the 760 since it appears to be more pocket friendly.

I want something that will hold at least 1 (preferrably 2) microSD/transflash cards so I can keep some spares with me at all times.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

I really like Bellagio Cases. A little pricey, but excellent quality. I've had one for my P.O.S. XV6600 for over 2 years and the case still looks brand new. I imagine they'll have one for the i760 soon.

Epic Geek
    I will probably just pocket it as well.

I just don't any case form factor with the exception of the sideways pouch working well at all with the horizontal sliding keyboard.

Usually someone comes out with a case like the metal one I had with my original i730. Although it provided great protection, opening that front door to use the touch screen and slider was simply annoying.

I really liked my Vaja case for my Treo 700, but even it became very bulky after a while.

I'm still not 100% convinced that they would not include some sort of holster for this device. We've seen a few inaccuracies and omissions already so I'm hoping that is the case (no pun intended!).

I actually liked the 730 holster quite a bit. As a previous poster mentioned, the biggest downside was the unintended button presses but otherwise I liked it. After 2+ years mine finally broke but I had an extra from a phone I sent back so I was able to use that.

Hopefully there will be a holster! If not, it's time for the search . . .

Jay
    If it ain't broke. . . break it!!

Epic Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by iProb8 View Post
    I want something that will hold at least 1 (preferrably 2) microSD/transflash cards so I can keep some spares with me at all times.
    Maybe something like this but for the i760?

Vaja © 2007

The HTC version appears to have 3 card slots in the flap.

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetNut View Post
    I'm still not 100% convinced that they would not include some sort of holster for this device. We've seen a few inaccuracies and omissions already so I'm hoping that is the case (no pun intended!).

I actually liked the 730 holster quite a bit. As a previous poster mentioned, the biggest downside was the unintended button presses but otherwise I liked it. After 2+ years mine finally broke but I had an extra from a phone I sent back so I was able to use that.

Hopefully there will be a holster! If not, it's time for the search . . .

Jay

I think the buttons being on the sides instead of on the front would make the holster a much better solution for the i760 than it was for the 730.

My problem with the holster was that I move in and out of closed spaces alot and i was catching the phone on the corner or edge of something and it would pop out of the holster. At least with the horizontal pouch, if it flys off it probably stays in the pouch.
    Last edited by depressedVZWuse; 08-30-2007 at 07:46 AM.

this is a great thread - good thinking for posting this! i always have trouble finding good cases for my phones.

i really liked the look of the bellagio cases. i also am a fan of the plastic hard cases (such as was advertised for the Q9M). just wondering the logistics of that for a slider like the i760? might be limited to a naked phone in a protective pouch.

keep those obscure links coming with vendors who make original and attractive cases!

Hopefully, the i760 will come with a holster. I don't like cases; too big and bulky

...That Funky Monkey brassMONKEY's Avatar
    Great Thread! -I too hate most cases bulkiness, so I will definitely go with a holster type case. I really like the leather iphone holster from vaja, but vaja didnt even make a case for the i730, so we'll probably be left with the cheap plastic hoster. maybe if enough of us contact them, they would make one!?

I really haven't seen a great case for the slider PDAs. I have been checking the HTCs for examples.

Ideally, I would a like a leather case that will slide with the slider, instead of just using a pouch.

The greatest advantage of the i730s holster is the ability to pull the phone out quickly (or this could be an issue if you tend to walk into walls or tables ). Using a pouch is a pain.

I was really hoping Vaja would have done this with the i730, but apparently there was not enough interest for them to spend a resources or money on it. Since the i760 is only targeted for the US, we may out of luck again ...

Maybe we should take a poll and pick one vendor for everyone to reach out and request a special case after the phone is released ?
    i760 VZW

Epic Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by wallst View Post
    I really haven't seen a great case for the slider PDAs. I have been checking the HTCs for examples.

Ideally, I would a like a leather case that will slide with the slider, instead of just using a pouch.

The greatest advantage of the i730s holster is the ability to pull the phone out quickly (or this could be an issue if you tend to walk into walls or tables ). Using a pouch is a pain.

I was really hoping Vaja would have done this with the i730, but apparently there was not enough interest for them to spend a resources or money on it. Since the i760 is only targeted for the US, we may out of luck again ...

Maybe we should take a poll and pick one vendor for everyone to reach out and request a special case after the phone is released ?

It is certainly a thought, but considering that the HTC PPC phones are available in GSM / CDMA and cover a vastly larger market segment, the fact that there are no cases of that type tells me that we wouldn't have the juice to push a case man. in that direction if there is no existing product for the broader HTC market.

EDIT: Just blew my own argument. Check this out and see what you guys think.

PlastiCase Cosmos Black Rubberized Case for Cingular 8525 / HTC TyTN

Last edited by depressedVZWuse; 09-04-2007 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by depressedVZWuse View Post
    It is certainly a thought, but considering that the HTC PPC phones are available in GSM / CDMA and cover a vastly larger market segment, the fact that there are no cases of that type tells me that we wouldn't have the juice to push a case man. in that direction if there is no existing product for the broader HTC market.

Nice find !!!

This is exactly what I was thinking of. Although leather does have a more professional look to it, I would still be happy with a rubber case.
    i760 VZW

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by depressedVZWuse View Post

I like that and the clip holster combo Seido has for the 6800. That way I could still have a holster when I want one.

SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE & HOLSTER COMBO FOR PPC 6800 - BD2-HLCSR2P6800-BK

I hope this sammy has more accessory support, I had trouble finding any for the 730 which fit my tastes/needs/wants.
    Xbox Live PdaPhoneHome.com Leaderboard: Add your gamertag to the new community leaderboard!

Smartphone and Pocket PC Magazine 2007 Annual Best of Software Awards Judge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast