+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 4GB microSD HC

Fully Converged
    No i mean i760...

I've had it since Thursday.

I attached a zip file. Inside is a cab file. Copy to device. Install in main memory. Make sure you soft reset after install(installer should ask you to reset). Results may vary. This installer basically overwrites two .dll's that deal with sd cards. This was the first thing i installed and have had no issues with it at all. Although results may vary as it has with the 6700 and Treo 700W/WX. If you try this please post back results. I have currently used this with my SanDisk 4GB microSDHC and have not lost any functionality when switching to using my SanDisk 2GB microSD.
    Attached Files
    XV6900 Custom WM6.1, 8GB microSDHC
    History:WM6.1 XV6800w/GPS,XV6700 WM6.1,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX, Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135

Talking

I just installed the cab file in to my i730 and it reads the 4 gb sdhd card with no problems.

A Geek, Of The Female Variety! gigglebyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemanracing View Post
    No i mean i760...

I attached a zip file. Inside is a cab file. Copy to device. Install in main memory. Make sure you soft reset after install(installer should ask you to reset). Results may vary. This installer basically overwrites two .dll's that deal with sd cards. This was the first thing i installed and have had no issues with it at all. Although results may vary as it has with the 6700 and Treo 700W/WX. If you try this please post back results. I have currently used this with my SanDisk 4GB microSDHC and have not lost any functionality when switching to using my SanDisk 2GB microSD.
    Thank you for the info and the zip file. Now when I get my 4GB card I will be ready when my phone arrives on Monday.
    One of the first "40" and am having fun playing with my new PDA phone the Samsung SCH-i760
    Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using his intelligence; he is just using his memory. Leonardo da Vinci

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcb62 View Post
    I just installed the cab file in to my i730 and it reads the 4 gb sdhd card with no problems.
    I would actually try writing and reading 4gb of data before you claim victory.

Fully Converged
    I only have 5.85MB left available out of my 4GB card...
    History:WM6.1 XV6800w/GPS,XV6700 WM6.1,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX, Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135

Thanks Nemanracing -- I just ordered the
    SanDisk 4 GB Extreme III SDHC Card with MicroMate USB 2.0 Reader (SDSDRX3-4096-A21) - SanDisk
    In Stock
    Shipped from: J&R Music and Computer World
    $59.99

on Amazon.

(Now to wait for the Sch-i760 release to be able to try it!)

Quote Originally Posted by avoider03 View Post
    Thanks Nemanracing -- I just ordered the
    SanDisk 4 GB Extreme III SDHC Card with MicroMate USB 2.0 Reader (SDSDRX3-4096-A21) - SanDisk
    In Stock
    Shipped from: J&R Music and Computer World
    $59.99

on Amazon.

(Now to wait for the Sch-i760 release to be able to try it!)

Is it the MicroSD format or the standard SD size?

Quote Originally Posted by Noved View Post
    Is it the MicroSD format or the standard SD size?
    Thanks friend, I am checking this!

avoider03,

SanDisk part #SDSDRX3-4096-A21 is a FULL-SIZE SD card. Also, be advised that SanDisk has released no Extreme III-, IV-, or "Ducati-" series miniSD or microSD cards. (The Extreme series is only available in CF and SD format.)

The fastest miniSD and microSD cards are Ultra II/Premier, and these are only offered up to 2GB. Only standard microSDHC cards are available in 4GB and (now) 6GB.

These different series are speed grades, although the principal benefit of a 'fast' card is outside the device--unloading its contents to a PC with, say, a Fiirewire 800 reader. The world of flash memory cards is both confusing and full of pitfalls and gotchas. In addition, pricing is very unstable.

Still, the J&R deal is pretty good.

--BAM
    Last edited by KBAM; 09-16-2007 at 10:20 PM.

Thanks, KBAM ... this info should help.

...That Funky Monkey brassMONKEY's Avatar
    4 Gigger works great! Thanks nemanracing!

Has anyone with the i760 tried the 6gb card (with or without the sdhc hack?) I don't want to buy a 4gb when I could get a 6gb for $20+ more...
    Looking forward to http://www.whoneedsaniphone.com/ talk about the best of both worlds...

As of Mon, 09/19/07, Adorama Camera (NYC) still does not have the SanDisk 6GB microSDHC flash card. Their best guess is "very soon."

On a related note, Adorama does now have the new, full-size SD Extreme "Ducati" Edition card (but not the CF version). Not that legacy i730 users particularly care (there would likely be no perceptible benefit except in reading the card externally), but Ducati is the fastest flash module ever made, at 45MB/s read/write (CF) and 20MB/s read/write (SD).

The miniSD and microSD formats have been very slow to adopt faster read/write technology (they're still struggling to add physical capacity at any speed). At sizes of 4GB and larger, only standard-speed (2GB/s) cards are available from any maker. SanDisk's new Premier series of microSD cards (1GB and 2GB only) can operate at 10MB/s read, 9MB/sec write.

In a cam-device (e.g., i760, x6800, etc.), a faster flash card is conceivably of value, as internal memory buffering may not keep up with shooting/saving bursts. For non-cam reads/writes and OTA downloads, a faster card may accomplish nothing for its premium price.
    '
    A murky subject, lotsa confusion; much testing required.

--BAM
    Last edited by KBAM; 09-18-2007 at 02:11 AM.

Can someone please tell me if the new micro sd II card will work any faster on the I760 then the standard micro sd card...

Lostgold,

Do you mean SanDisk microSD Ultra II?

If so, this product is speed-equivalent to SanDisk Premier, a newer flavor with no useful distinctions vs Ultra II. Both are one step up from standard flash cards and seem to be rated at 2MB/s. In microSD, believe they're available in capacities up to 2GB.

These cards are faster only if read/write ops aren't otherwise buffered or constrained. As a practcal matter, expect no difference vs standard cards (which are available in higher capacities), except when placed in an external reader/writer.

Still, Ultra II/Pemier cards may be made to tighter tolerances than standard cards and thus, provide higher reliability.

--BAM
    Last edited by KBAM; 09-19-2007 at 05:22 AM.

Fully Converged
    Still waiting on my 6GB microSDHC, as our warehouse has them on backorder...

Still waiting on my 6GB microSDHC, as our warehouse has them on backorder...

Can't wait to hear if it works. Please let us know when you get it.

Aren't there 8GB microSD cards now? If the 6GB card works, any reason to think an 8 wouldn't?

No i mean i760...

That work great. Put the card in and the phone did not see it at all. Copy the file and installed and now it works awesome. Little donation coming your way for that one...

The file works as advertised, thanks. I just ordered a Sandisk 4GB Micro SDHC with usb card reader combo from dz-tech.com for $59.95 to replace my 2GB card.

Nemanracing please let us know when you receive the 6GB and how it works - thanks again.

No i mean i760...

Just tried this on my 700wx and it worked like a charm!

Thanks