+ Reply to Thread

Is there a program like PhoneAlarm for only missed call logs?

I currently have PhoneAlarm ONLY for the little display that shows me the missed calls, emails, texts, etc.

I am on day 13 of the 15 day trial. I control my profiles through Photo Contacts Pro.

Is there any software that simply shows the missed calls, emails, txt messages, as a nice today screen as its only function???

I dont need all the functionality of phone alarm and I SPB Phone Suite. I simply want the today screen plugins showing nice icons with what I have missed.

Thanks,
    Dean

Can't beat Battery Status.

I own PA...but like Sbp Phone Suite much better. Not as full-featured, but I never used a lot of the things that PA offered. If you just want to see the miised, text, V-mail, etc alerts, AND control Profiles (seemlessly I might add)...give Spb a try...I could not do without it
    "Put on God's whole armor, that you may be able successfully to stand up against the strategies and the deceits of the devil"

Ep. 6:11

Quote Originally Posted by solsavr View Post
    I own PA...but like Sbp Phone Suite much better. Not as full-featured, but I never used a lot of the things that PA offered. If you just want to see the miised, text, V-mail, etc alerts, AND control Profiles (seemlessly I might add)...give Spb a try...I could not do without it
    I was running SPB Phone Suite. I also was running Photo Contacts, a couple more SPB programs. The issue was that my phone became sluggish. I even reimaged it.

Once I removed two of the SPB programs (Keep SPB Time as it is a great alarm clock), my I-760 is much faster.

I just feel like Photo Contacts Pro should have the Today Plugin that shows you the missed calls/emails/voicemails/etc.

I went ahead and paid the almost $30 bucks for PhoneAlarm today.

Microsoft went to WM5 and WM6 in no time. Why dont they add the icon style notification that these third party companies offer. This really doesnt seem like something that you should have to pay $30 bucks for. Microsoft needs to do better on their WM. I hate the core design with the notification at the top of the screen in a bubble.

Dean

I agree, I think it is already added on the Android OS. I am waiting for the HTC-Dream to play with it and maybe make a purchase.
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by dean2900 View Post
    Is there any software that simply shows the missed calls, emails, txt messages, as a nice today screen as its only function???
    I'm not sure where it came from, but I have an item on my today screen that does exactly what your asking about. It alerts if anything shows up. Otherwise you tap the icon on the right side of the control to cycle through missed calls, emails, sms and mms messages. Setting - Personal -Today - Items - Messages/Missed Calls ...... is where I can turn it on/off. If it's not something that came on the phone, it may be part of Spb Pocket Plus that I installed.

Quote Originally Posted by akeeping View Post
    I'm not sure where it came from, but I have an item on my today screen that does exactly what your asking about. It alerts if anything shows up. Otherwise you tap the icon on the right side of the control to cycle through missed calls, emails, sms and mms messages. Setting - Personal -Today - Items - Messages/Missed Calls ...... is where I can turn it on/off. If it's not something that came on the phone, it may be part of Spb Pocket Plus that I installed.
    If it is the default one, it just shows one thing at a time. You can scroll through. It will show for example Missed Calls and the number but you have to select it and move right and left with controls to see others,

I like the SPB Phone Suite or PhoneAlarm type that shows everything at once on one line of the today screen with nice small icons and easy to read numbers.

I actually am happier with PhoneAlarm now that i have it programmed to use different color LEDs for each type of info such as missed call, missed email, etc.

Dean

There are free options such as HTC Touch Plugin and the Pointui Home.

However, I completely agree. It seems like WM5 and 6 are still in the early 90's as far as technological advances. After all, what was the big thing we got with WM6. Oh yeah HTML email! WOOOOT! Only 5 years too late on that one!

Richard

SPB Phone Suite doesn't show missed calls (or voicemails, I forget which). Phone Alarm has a new version with a photocontact piece also.

I've used and customized PA.. probably spent way too much time tinkering with it but I'm now running SPB phone suite. Though not as featured as PA the simpler features are all I really use anyway. Especially the Today screen plugin. I upgraded to a newer version at one point and didn't care for it so I'm running ver 1.2 build 1409... it has today screen notifications for: Missed calls, SMS messages, MMS messages, Voice messages and email. What else could I be notified about?
    I tried photo contacts but I like the simpler photo plugin in Phone Suite. I suppose I should look into the new PA...
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by MGuzzy View Post
    I've used and customized PA.. probably spent way too much time tinkering with it but I'm now running SPB phone suite. Though not as featured as PA the simpler features are all I really use anyway. Especially the Today screen plugin. I upgraded to a newer version at one point and didn't care for it so I'm running ver 1.2 build 1409... it has today screen notifications for: Missed calls, SMS messages, MMS messages, Voice messages and email. What else could I be notified about?
    I tried photo contacts but I like the simpler photo plugin in Phone Suite. I suppose I should look into the new PA...
    Mark
    Phone Alarm is the best by far IMO. It is a little heavy on resources but does a fantasstic jobs of call filtering by group and I love the disply. I can dd pictures to groups. I have over 500 contacts so I really need a good program for filtering calls and the photo/ringtone by group is a nice touch. I do things like have a generic picture of a suite and tie for a salesperson, a different picture for friends, etc. However, SPB and Photo Contacts Pro eat up too much meory together.

If Photo Contacts Pro would simply add the missed bar like PHoneAlarm or SPB then it would be golden. It would be nice to give different options for alerts also of missed calls/emails/etc as the WM6 default is not great.

Dean

Phone Alarm has always been the most featured ever since I can remember. But you can loose your life to modifying its endless settings and skinning. It sounds like Photo contacts is the best fit for you, have you tried using it with PA lite and a simple today skin just for the notifications?
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by MGuzzy View Post
    Phone Alarm has always been the most featured ever since I can remember. But you can loose your life to modifying its endless settings and skinning. It sounds like Photo contacts is the best fit for you, have you tried using it with PA lite and a simple today skin just for the notifications?
    Mark

I am using photocontacts pro with PA regular and there have been no issues in two weeks. I just prefer to have the full version. I had tried PA Lite back when i had my I-730 but I prefer the extra settings even if I dont use them all.

Trust me, I have a ton of settings between PA and PC Pro. I like that PA lets me change the LED colors so I can tell by the blinking if it is a missed call, email, sms, etc.

Dean

I really like spb phone suite due to its simplicity and easy of use. It does what I want it to do and it looks nice in relation to the other plugin I have on my Today screen. It works.