Closed Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    IMAP GMAIL is working now..I dont know if any of you were having problems before or if this was already solved (didnt appear to be so) but when originally entering the email address, mispell the address. then it will allow you to manually configure it...spell the address right and your stuck with pop3.
    If you have any questions at all feel free to PM me, or email me on my personal account. nathan.burlison@gmail.com
    Also, please feel free to call me at my store anytime, (314) 291-8699. Just ask for me.

Nate

Anyone know if there is any logic behind software upgrades creating stronger signal strength? i usually vary between 1 and 4 bars in my house. since i have upgraded i have had a steady 3-4 bars. that would explain the faster internet. anyone have any thoughts on that?

I know when I had a xv6700 for a short period of time, a phone radio update helped out my signal significantly (heh)... so yes, the phone portion of the update could have helped you.

I don't think the WM software update had anything to do with a stronger signal strength. Perhaps if a Verizon patch was included. But I could be wrong.
    Last edited by wxman2003; 07-14-2008 at 01:35 AM.

A Qualcomm CDMA Radio Patch Was Included I should know I tested it.... to bad those bastards wouldn't let me do a Patch on my phone till VZW said it was ok..

What would the phone update change, I wonder??

**nevermind, I didnt even see page 19**
    Last edited by stanglifemike; 07-14-2008 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drkstoner View Post
    A Qualcomm CDMA Radio Patch Was Included I should know I tested it.... to bad those bastards wouldn't let me do a Patch on my phone till VZW said it was ok..
    So we should see a better signal due to this?? If so I need to try reflashing and update the phone part for this, my house flutters between 0-2 bars constantly!!

since my 6.1 upgrade i am at a steady 3-4 bars. so i guess there was a radio phone update along with it. thankyou drkstoner for the added info. why didnt they add rev a?????? that was just a joke, maybe a bad one.

still nothing about the SDHC cards? anyone got 8gb cards working without the hack after the update?

Quote Originally Posted by bb12489 View Post
    still nothing about the SDHC cards? anyone got 8gb cards working without the hack after the update?

I can confirm that my 6GB card works. So there is a very good chance that 8GB cards work. In fact, I would venture to guess that I am 100% sure that they will work. =P

Quote Originally Posted by MelchioR View Post
    I can confirm that my 6GB card works. So there is a very good chance that 8GB cards work. In fact, I would venture to guess that I am 100% sure that they will work. =P
    SWEET!!!!!

i'll have to pick up an 8gb card sometime

Can anyone confirm that the latest WiFiRouter (the bought version) works with 6.1?

Thanks!

Richard

I installed this with no problems....youtube videos work for me..... So far so good with no major issues....No hack needed for for my 4 gig.. I will try my wifes 8gig to see if it works as well. My only issue is the inbox extender seems to not work...so i have to go through and individually delete emails and texts....ugggh!
    I want the storm and I want it now!

Quote Originally Posted by zachman123 View Post
    Mine looks just like yours

It looks like the 6.1 and pda part of the update worked for you guys, but possibly not the phone software part of the update... you have the old version for the phone s/w. Odd...
    Ran the update a second time as several others... it went a lot better and now all is correct!!!

BTW I was running the XP version...

Thanks all!!

Paul G

Just ran the update on the wife's phone. It did error out on the desktop end right at the end of the update and asked me to soft reset the phone. when the phone came back up and had WM6.1 on it. Awesome.

HTC Home works.

Now just waiting for the WM6 update for my Treo! haha

I installed 6.1 successfully and so far it's got a few minor improvements. I like the new task manager and how it's under programs now. It makes it a lil easier to close everything, since it's pretty much required to keep the phone running well.

The Internet Explorer update isn't too special though. The zooming is pretty dumb and doesn't even come close to Opera Mini.

Youtube does work now without any third party software but is there a way to make the videos take up the whole screen? Even if I full screen, it just gets a little larger but there is still a lot of black space around. It was much larger when viewing with tcpmp.

Lastly, I really like the threaded sms. Overall, it's a nice little upgrade for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rynoondew View Post
    I installed this with no problems....youtube videos work for me..... So far so good with no major issues....No hack needed for for my 4 gig.. I will try my wifes 8gig to see if it works as well. My only issue is the inbox extender seems to not work...so i have to go through and individually delete emails and texts....ugggh!
    nice. lets us know if that 8gb works out.

One program that no longer works on this phone with 6.1 is SKYPE. I reloaded the software several times, but just hangs when you try to run it. I used it a lot, now nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by MelchioR View Post
    Thats great news, except I bought a 2gb because I didnt want to mess with the hack because of issues I had heard about. Oh well, cant complain about buying an 8gb and not having to hack the phone to make it work, guess I'll give the 2gb to my Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by ramiss View Post
    Can anyone confirm that the latest WiFiRouter (the bought version) works with 6.1?

Thanks!

Richard
    It works great and you don't have to soft reset it after you close it. The wifi tab still shows up in the wireless manager. I have an old version though.