+ Reply to Thread

Turn SMS Delivery Notification Back On

Mrailing,
    I love your toolkit, however and I guess I am in the minority, I liked the SMS delivery notification. Despite doing a search I could not figure out how to turn it back on globally. Not just per message. I find that sometimes that delivery notification had come back with "text message NOT sent". I miss the reassurance that it did in fact go.

Is there an easy way for me to do this. Thanks and sorry if I missed it elsewhere.
    Mitch

I have one better for you. What about this program:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/view...ca8ae0e7bfb752

It allows you to customize the information you get back to know which message was actually sent.

Otherwise:

SMS: Delivery Notification

This setting enables you to customize the SMS Delivery Notify.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFWARE\MICROSOFT\INBOX\SETTINGS]

Change the value of the following key accordingly to your preference.

[Enabled ] SMSDeliveryNotify = 1
    [Disabled] SMSDeliveryNotify = 0

Quote Originally Posted by mrailing
    I have one better for you. What about this program:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/view...ca8ae0e7bfb752

It allows you to customize the information you get back to know which message was actually sent.

Otherwise:

SMS: Delivery Notification

This setting enables you to customize the SMS Delivery Notify.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFWARE\MICROSOFT\INBOX\SETTINGS]

Change the value of the following key accordingly to your preference.

[Enabled ] SMSDeliveryNotify = 1
    [Disabled] SMSDeliveryNotify = 0
    Thanks MRailing. Exactly what I was looking for. BTW I tried that other program and I saw no difference in the confirmation I got and in fact it made it so my text messages wouldnt go the first time I sent them. Wierd.
    Mitch

Just as a sidenote-

I as well love Mrail's Cab Pack but was weary about the removal of the SMS sent notification. I wanted to make sure my sms were being sent, and I didnt want to be left waiting for a response when mine hadnt even gone through.

In actuality, with the SMS notifications turned off you still get a message if the SMS was not sent, so the Cab pack only turns off the (now i see useless) Sent message but not the 'unable to be sent' message.

Quote Originally Posted by botond
    Just as a sidenote-

I as well love Mrail's Cab Pack but was weary about the removal of the SMS sent notification. I wanted to make sure my sms were being sent, and I didnt want to be left waiting for a response when mine hadnt even gone through.

In actuality, with the SMS notifications turned off you still get a message if the SMS was not sent, so the Cab pack only turns off the (now i see useless) Sent message but not the 'unable to be sent' message.
    Well thats interesting. That is my same issue. I'll have to check that out.
    Thanks

I made the changes in the registry, and still can't get an sms delivery notification. After a hard reset I tested the sms delivery with success before loading the mrailing tools program.

Any ideas on how to get this feature back without removing mrailing tools?

The registry key mentioned above is the exact key that I changed, so if that doesn't do it, check your other software you installed and make sure it isn't making the change.

FYI, phoneAlarm is one of the programs that allow the user to change the SMS delivery notification settings. So, if you're using pA, definitely check pA's settings.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)