+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markm75
    Update: I managed to get it to downgrade, after i installed activesync beta 4.5;

Problem: So i've downgraded, my phone shows s:i730.2.6V.YH25 now, I'm assuming this is good... however, if I try to cradle the device (running Wm5), it does show up with the modem in device manager on XPsp2 (if i first switch the phone into "as the modem through USB")... but if i try to connect using #7772 and qnc,qnc, the phone doesnt respond.. the connection dialer errors out. If i goto device manager and select the modem there, and query it, it responds fine though.

I also cannot get it to connect via bluetooth, I've tried using btmodem on the pda, exposing the DUN, but when I try to check off the DUN in XP, I get a "parameter is incorrect" error message.

So neither BT DUN or USB DUN will work after downgrading.. I'm not sure what I've done wrong here...

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    Dejevue.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K
    Dejevue.....
    If that is supposed to mean there is an answer elsewhere.. I havent found it.. searched for the last half hour.

The only thing I can see, is to perhaps try a hardreset, if it works, then install everything again.. I'd rather not take that route if there is another fix.

Clarification on this problem:

Everything I stated above holds, including my Bluetooth DUN woes.. plus here is what happens via USB:

If i dial #777, it will connect etc.. if I try to use the #7772 slower internet #, i do get the 1X icon, acting as if it is doing something, but no dialer pops up, stating it is dialing the number, after about 5 seconds I get the "remote computer did not respond" error message.

Is the dialing of #7772 on a laptop through a usb cable not possible even with a downgraded radio?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slinkygn
    Boy, I hope I'm not doing something dumb.

Installed VZWM5 today from a clean machine; install went great. Went to downgrade the phone back to YH25, installed PST, didn't see the I730 because I forgot to install the I730 update for PST , installed, rebooted, soft reset my phone, got the modem drivers to detect, soft reset the phone and rebooted the machine for good measure -- man, I've tried every combination of rebooting possible, I think.

Every time I set the phone to USB modem and get into PST, doubleclicking on the I730 gets me a "Debug Assertion Failed" error. I found one hit for that error by searching the forum, but the guy that asked never got an answer. I'm pretty much mystified. Any ideas?

EDIT: So I paid a little more attention to the error, and am now more confused. The debug assertion that failed was in dlgdata.cpp, line 43. Now, it's been a while since I did any MFC coding, but IIRC, that has *nothing* to do with I/O at all -- dlgdata deals with the managing of UI objects, doesn't it?
    I have the identical problem - how fix it and downgrade radio?

I'm fix this problem and downgrade the radio. Needs change "Regional settings" in windows to "English" for first PST running.

Downgrading radio stack

All i realize about this process is that you have to reinstall past phone firmware. I am having much trouble with the process of finding samsung pst lite. I assume this is some sort of utility software? Please help me with your knowledge because i think this would be the only reason for me to keep this phone. I really want to re enable the Tee word that must be forbidin. i get a modem has no dial tone error. most latest progress...

pstlite.zip

i cannot get the files required to downgrade the radio... the links posted do not work

hello

i am having trouble downgrading my radio stack. i really need the samsung pst lite utility. can someone help me, i have looked for two days strait.....

t word help

i really need pst lite utility, can someone help

I realize people want the zip that was stored on mirrors, but quit messaging me about it. I have had 17 requests over the past three days for the files. I can't put the mirrors back up, because, well, they weren't my servers, they were users who volunteered the space to store them, and it's been over 6 months since they volunteered their space.

So I am going to say this once, I no longer have the file and can't post it or do anything with it. If someone still has the zip containing the original stuff, they could throw it on rapidshare or something like that and share it, but I can't do anything about it, so please stop asking me about it.

pst utility

would someone be so kind to share the utility with me. The servers are down.

Andrew, chill, it's being worked on...

pst lite

hello, I just wanted to let you know that i am very thankful of your work. I have not tried to use the service yet. But thank you for the file mrailing

Cool Cannot Downgrade Radio - Please help!

I have upgraded to WM5 and wanted to tether so after reading through hundreds of posts, I think I am doing everything correct, but after trying at least a 100 times in the last week, I still cannot get my phone to downgrade to YH25 (currently haveZB21) I have tried using the cradle, I purchased a data cable, and even tried it on three different computers. Still no luck. I read the thread from mrailing and SD and followed them, but still having problems here. Here are the basic steps I perform:

Set phone data mode to "as the modem".
    Open the PST that is with the SD WM5 release
    goto the SW tab.
    Change the software download option to "Phone only".
    Click open file browse to the YH25 image (
    Click start download , enter the code is 000000 follow on screen instructions and after the reset option, hold down the phone send and end keys while resetting to get the phone into PDA emergency mode.

I have also tried doing it without going into PDA Emergency mode by just pressing the reset button. Still will not work. All I get is the "PDA Device found" "Eboot Version ok" then "[Phone] Download Start" in PST and the phone screen just stays on "Waiting phone Download" I have let it run over night several times thinking if would go, but is just hangs there. Does anyone have any suggestions on what may be happening or what I need to do to correct it?

Have you thought about just using PDANet? Seems like the money on it would be quicker and easier to tether, and in my opinion is MUCH easier to use. Once installed you just simply click on the PDANet icon on the desktop or on the i730 and hit "Connect" and bam, you are tethered. No switching to USB Modem mode, and it still is syncing your items. It is just a thought to something a little easier.

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=20794

Newbie with a quick question

I have a treo700w and am going to switch to a i730 and am reading to see whats going on and i can see that there are some major changes/upgrades i must do.

what is PST? and what is YH25? what is tethering? and how well does the a2dp hack work? i heard its very distorted, how bad is it?

Perhaps this is elsewhere.. but this thread looked like the right place to ask... Does anyone know if you pay Verizon whatever the cost is to tether (rather than using the downgrade option).. IE: Is it $10 per month? Does this enable unlimitted data usage on their #777 network via another device (laptop etc)? Or do you still also need to have a seperate data plan, ie: the 10mb per month or unlimitted plan, in order to use #777(tethered) and not be charged a per kb charge?

Thanks

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markm75
    Perhaps this is elsewhere.. but this thread looked like the right place to ask... Does anyone know if you pay Verizon whatever the cost is to tether (rather than using the downgrade option).. IE: Is it $10 per month? Does this enable unlimitted data usage on their #777 network via another device (laptop etc)? Or do you still also need to have a seperate data plan, ie: the 10mb per month or unlimitted plan, in order to use #777(tethered) and not be charged a per kb charge?

Thanks
    You still need a data plan.

Registered LOOSER

Don't work correctly :(

Quote Originally Posted by mrailing
    Have you thought about just using PDANet? Seems like the money on it would be quicker and easier to tether, and in my opinion is MUCH easier to use. Once installed you just simply click on the PDANet icon on the desktop or on the i730 and hit "Connect" and bam, you are tethered. No switching to USB Modem mode, and it still is syncing your items. It is just a thought to something a little easier.

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=20794
    After all this reading, your suggestion of using PDANET sounded real good, unfortunately the I730, PDANET, and activesync don't quite work well together. I found myself tethering for about 5-10 minutes at a time before having to reset the phone. I am afraid I am going insane trying to find a solution to this mess.

Danny