+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!

--- HELP SCRATCHES ON MY SCREEN -----

Is it just my ppc6800 or does this thing have a screen made out of butter.

I use my finger nail alot, now its showing little spider web scratches all over it.

I do use a case when ever i carry it, so its not getting scratched up by loose change or keys.

I had 0 problems with my 6700 or my 6600 for that matter, with scratches.

I thought i would never have to give in and get a screen protector.

I'll search the threads to find out who's making the best ones.

I always use a screen protector with a device like this. Always.

... That's one reason my old 6600 just sold on eBay for more money than what it cost me to buy my brand-new 6800.
    Last edited by SeaRaven; 08-24-2007 at 11:52 AM.

the problem with screen protectors is that you can see them. I wish the screen on the mogul was made of the same material as the one used in the iPhone, which seems to be scratch resistant and doesn't require any additional protection.

look into boxwave's clear touch crystal screen protector. if applied correctly you can't even notice its on.

I'll throw in a nod for Seidio's screen protector -- its a good one.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!

thx

just ordered a box wave crystal one a ma jig.

thx

that's cool. best way to apply it is to clean the screen with the cloth that comes with it, then to make sure all of the tiny dust particles are gone spray the screen down with a can of compressed air, then apply... should be good. if you are really picky about getting it perfect, like I am... try this... I read it on another forum but do all of the above but in your bathroom...run the shower hot and wait til it steams up a little. the humidity gets rid of any dust floating around. it actually works.

Or you could use the clean room enviroment at work...... Oh, unless you don't have one of those.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags

I stopped using the screen protectors with the 6700. The screen looks so much better without it.

I wonder if Plexus would work on this kind of plastic?

Can You Hear Me Now ?! AFAngryWarrior's Avatar
    I'm sorry, but I think its retarded to spend $600 on a device (Mine at full retail) and not put some protection on a touch screen you use all the time. I dont even take the plastic that came on the screen off until I get my screen protector.

Quote Originally Posted by kinoons View Post
    I'll throw in a nod for Seidio's screen protector -- its a good one.
    Me too, tried one, and like it. But I had no issues before with scratches. I'm a contractor, and sometimes used screwdrivers, etc., to tap the screen. No problems, but I can see that all day sessions with keys in a pocket might accelerate the potential problem.

ON a more helpful note I had read somewhere there was something called "Applesauce" by one of the companies that makes those thin film protection things that is supposed to polish up small scratches on phone/pda/iPod screens. Might want to give it a look up. I saw someone on another blog had a review that they've used it

John Jonas Blog - Blog Archive » Remove Scratches from Blackberry
    Last edited by AFAngryWarrior; 10-02-2007 at 02:45 PM.

Basically anything that will have a similar refractive index as the plastic covering on the screen should fix the problem. I'd patch up the device, then get one of the Seidio screen protectors. I'm still using my screen protector out of the box, and it's pretty scratched, but I'm not quite ready to replace it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyPR View Post

noo... Displex says right on the bottle "Do not use on touchscreens"

Quote Originally Posted by AFAngryWarrior View Post
    ON a more helpful note I had read somewhere there was something called "Applesauce" by one of the companies that makes those thin film protection things that is supposed to polish up small scratches on phone/pda/iPod screens. Might want to give it a look up. I saw someone on another blog had a review that they've used it

John Jonas Blog - Blog Archive » Remove Scratches from Blackberry
    Thanks for posting that link! I am going to give Applesauce (LOL on the name) a try, and I'll write about the results. I have some scratches from playing TextTwist to much.

When I order my Mogul, I order the Boxwave screen protector the same day.

I have a Dell x51v before so I am use to putting the screen protector on it.

I peal off the orginal screen, and put the Boxwave protector in and no dust, no bubble on the FIRST TRY!

It looks GREAT and I never notice it is there!

Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    When I order my Mogul, I order the Boxwave screen protector the same day.

I have a Dell x51v before so I am use to putting the screen protector on it.

I peal off the orginal screen, and put the Boxwave protector in and no dust, no bubble on the FIRST TRY!

It looks GREAT and I never notice it is there!
    It's NOT there. It fell off the first day

Hope you folks who went with the Boxwave have better luck than I did....mine was about 1/16" too large in both dimensions, and on my Mogul there is virtually no space between the bezel and the screen surface so I could not tuck the excess under the bezel. Then I tried to trim the thing and ended up wrecking it. For $15 a screen protector should fit perfectly without trimming -- for me at least the Boxwave did not.

My screen protector (anti-glare) from Boxwave fit perfectly... You must have received a bad one -- or I was just lucky -- I'd contact Boxwave if I were you for a replacement...