+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 119 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2376
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonychris View Post
    (shakes head).... it's a HTC 6800... Of course it runs Java.
    Thanks the info Tonychris, but knowing Verizon it's possible they will disable java capability. If someone knows that it isn't disabled on the Verizon version I will feel more confident that it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by CodysGrammy View Post
    Thanks the info Tonychris, but knowing Verizon it's possible they will disable java capability. If someone knows that it isn't disabled on the Verizon version I will feel more confident that it's there.
    Being a former (still partly current) VzW customer, I understand your concerns. I lived through my share of crippled Motorola flip phones, crippled Bluetooth (so you'd have to use "Get It Now!"), etc ,etc. But the beauty behind a WM phone is that you have the ability to pretty much customize it the way you want... even if VzW decides to leave Java out, there's a number of third party free Java midlet managers that you can load on there.

Hey... I wouldn't put anyting past VzW... But I'm 99.999% sure you'll have no problems runnning Java apps on the phone, whether VzW likes it or not

You got one!!! Great! Finally there is progress on this Thread...

Question about the XV6800...
    Can you tether to a laptop w/o having to deal with VZGayConnectManager?

(Worst case is that we have to use the PDA-Net app)

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ramborami; 11-14-2007 at 12:33 AM.

The 6700 is starting to show "out of stock" in some zip codes now.

Quote Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
    The 6700 is starting to show "out of stock" in some zip codes now.
    I believe this is the second time this has happened (not to downplay your find). For what it's worth, my zip code also shows out of stock (55403). Depending on the size of the phone and how it feels in my pocket (yea, I'm one of those people). I might end up waiting even longer for The vogue (or whatever the hell they'll call it).

I'm hoping that they took their extra time to rid themselves of the horrid problems the poor Sprint folks have had to deal with (although I feel the memory issue, as many have stated, is more a WM6 problem). Still, it should be interesting if they keep up that Black Friday release date. <knocks on fake wood table>

I received an email from Verizon that says "It's Official! The XV6800 to be launched on Nov. 28th!"

Could it be?
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

Quote Originally Posted by BetaMan View Post
    I received an email from Verizon that says "It's Official! The XV6800 to be launched on Nov. 28th!"

Could it be?
    "Could"? "Official"? "<insert any date here>"?

Verizon is so lucky I love their service.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramborami View Post
    Note the date on that blog post? July 24... there have been many Qualcomm 3g equipped phones that have already made it to the market in the US (including the sprint mogul and the AT&T tilt) since that case came to be. VZW's delays are internal, beyond that, one can only speculate as to why.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramborami View Post

That is some very old information. It was resolved (at least for the time being) months ago.

Long time reader, first post:

For what it's worth, I also heard from my Verizon rep today out of the blue (My company has practices in all 50 states, and a national corporate contract with Verizon). She told me that the date of the 28th is firm, and has my order pending for that date. That way, when the 28th comes around my order will automatically go through and it will be shipped to me. Obviously Verizon COULD change this, but this is the first firm date she's given me after months of constant pestering. Oh, and she also told me not to tell anyone.

We'll see how this pans out...

I got better news

A good friend, who works for the R&D department at verizonwireless, just got the offical e-mail today. the 6800 will be out on Nov.28th and the pre-online orders will start on Nov. 21st.

He's never been wrong

remember to keep checking verizon's test site over the next couple days to see if they post up the 6800. They always test things out there a day or 2 before theyre online launch..

Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless

Quote Originally Posted by iamlocosucka View Post
    remember to keep checking verizon's test site over the next couple days to see if they post up the 6800. They always test things out there a day or 2 before theyre online launch..
    I don't think they put the Samsung i760 up there early. Not sure I would trust that as an indicator.

this is the only post i've been waiting for:

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...postcount=1130

Now everyone has 11 days to figure out VZW's justification for the price: $619 (full retail), $499 (2 year)! Wow.
    Last edited by ckeegan; 11-17-2007 at 04:52 PM.

I actually had the XV6800 for a 30 day trial on Verizon through their Vienna Channels. Best part about it was that it has the EV-DO RevA chip set. Bad news is they didn't have the firmware for RevA yet so it just ran on Rev0.

It was a step up from the Motorola Q I was using (I don't like SmartPhones, I am a data user that needs a phone, not a phone user that needs a little data). In general I liked the 6800, it was a bit big (thick) to hold in my hands and the side slider was not that easy to open but the buttons worked well and the keyboard had a nice feel. Camera was very good but my biggest complaint was the voice dialing was absolutely horrible. Battery life wasn't that great either. I couldn't go an entire 24 hours on a full charge.

After I returned the 6800 I received the i760. It looks/feels much nicer than the 6800 IMHO. Thinner case and easier side slider. Keyboard feel is much the same. Displays were both on par with each other.

with any real luck we should see the 6800 in stores by Xmas, but then again what do I know. I don't work for Verizon so when they will really offer it is anybodys guess. It does exist and function on their network however!

Quote Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - View Single Post - XV6800 Release Thread - We all want to cry about it, don't post it

Now everyone has 11 days to figure out VZW's justification for the price: $619 (full retail), $499 (2 year)! Wow.
    You have got to be kidding me. That's the most hilarious thing I've seen in a long time. Glad I went to Sprint and got the Touch on the SERO plan. I was waiting and waiting for this stupid phone and they're going to charge THAT for it. Give me a break!!!!!

Okay, rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post

Even at a better price the i760 is a better device IMHO. You can get the i760 for $250 on a 2 year plan.

Quote Originally Posted by MobileDad View Post
    Even at a better price the i760 is a better device IMHO. You can get the i760 for $250 on a 2 year plan.
    A better device ? 1/2 the Rom, No USB , NO REV A compatability.

Quote Originally Posted by MobileDad View Post
    I really tried to convince myself to get an i760, but I can't.
    The i760 has less rom, no chance of Rev A upgrade, fewer camera pixels, the keypad on the front just makes it large, no scroll wheel, 4GB external flash limit, and the keyboard has fewer key/functions. I get the feeling it is already a 2 year old device.

Where as the 6800 is only already a 1 year old device.