+ Reply to Thread

Question How to Enable the GPS, Verizon XV6800

Is there any real fix for this or not? I have read many sites and tried the ROM updates. But the ROM updates are for other carriers and not Verizon and it fails.

Does anyone have a real fix for this with a ROM update that works with Verizon.

This is really frustrating. Hopefully someone can help.

Read the wiki for flashing a Titan in the 'xda developers' site.
    I have enjoyed GPS and rev A for months now.

What I did was flash my phone to the latest Sprint rom. I didn't allow that to run, but instead, I flash the DCD Verizon applications rom over top of that.
    That gave me the Sprint radio wth GPS and rev A, and the DCD Verizon application with WM 6.1.
    Or you can wait. I'm sure verizon will have something by 2009.

By mid-August, Verizon will post an official ROM update that will include Windows Mobile 6.1, Rev. A EV-DO, and "GPS." Whether the GPS will be unfettered is the $64,000 question.

The sad thing is the Samsung I760 got thier upgrade to 6.1 yesterday along with Sprint releasing the offical upgrade yesterday.

I'd like to see Slorizon release the update soon (thought it was end of July early Aug now it seems mid Aug) - I'm betting it will Dec or 2009 with those idiots.

What I did was flash my phone to the latest Sprint rom. I didn't allow that to run, but instead, I flash the DCD Verizon applications rom over top of that.
    If you would kindly provide the steps I would appriciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Orwig View Post
    Read the wiki for flashing a Titan in the 'xda developers' site.
    I have enjoyed GPS and rev A for months now.

That gave me the Sprint radio wth GPS and rev A, and the DCD Verizon application with WM 6.1.
    Or you can wait. I'm sure verizon will have something by 2009.
    If you don't mind, May I have detail instructions to do what you did including the links where you got the rom?

Join the XDA DEVELOPERS site. Look for the TITAN section and the upgrade section of the forum. Find a few threads for the roms and read them completedly. Find the wiki on flashing and read it.

I simply Googled "xv6800 gps upgrade instructions" and got this site (see below). These instructions got me rolling. BUT, they are old and there are newer roms. Read the XDA DEVELOPERS forum carefully.

How To: Add GPS to HTC Mogul - XV6800 - P4000 - Titan | PhoneNews.com

If you want the 'easy' button, you will need to wait (and wait and wait) for VZW to release it. I spent a few days reading and rereading and have enjoyed the GPS, 6.1, and rev A for months.

Wayne Orwig,
    I links in the above site do not work.

I also tried the updated ROM in the XDA developers site and the phone froze up showing the multi color screen. I had to install a stock rom to fix it.

As I said, the info on that Phonenews site is OLD.
    And you need to search and investigate the XDA Developers site for DAYS to be sure you are doing the right thing. Hundreds of pages to go through.

FINALLY A FAST & EASY FIX! GET UR BUILT IN GPS WORKING ON THE XV6800 STOCK ROM!!

I'm not entirely sure that this topic has made it over to this forum yet, but I figured it's very important I post it and I don't have time to wonder thru this forum to see if anyone else has mentioned it...This deserves to be bumped anyways....

IF YOU HAVE VERIZON'S LATEST OFFICIAL WINDOWS MOBILE 6.1 RELEASE (available thru free download on the manufacturers website) YOU CAN NOW ENABLE / ADD GPS TO VERIZON'S LATEST OFFICIAL XV6800 STOCK ROM (and cooked rom's needing mod's work too)!!! [VZW Rom v3.57.605.1] - THIS IS VERY EASILY APPLIED!!!

Follow this link to get the instructions and ONE cab file needed to unlock your aGPS on your stock or custom ROM!

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix

Follow this link to read the thread on the topic:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=423231

This kicks so much ass....especially since I myself didn't want to mess with cooked ROM's... I knew that once verizon made their own VZW software run on the phone and disable the GPS for all other apps, that someone would come along and "fix" verizons pathetic software lock-down. I'm so happy. THIS IS ALL THANKS TO gc14 OVER AT XDA-DEVELOPERS!!! W00t! He's so damn l33t! - Take care all - Wolfman
    :clapping: :2thumbs: