+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New iPhone Launcher...Cool !!!

Anyone tried this:

http://rychlicki.net/en/2007/04/01/174/

As well as the launcher working the 'unlock' with a swipe of your finger works great!

I loaded it last night and its pretty slick. Still in the early days but the real weird thing is that since using this launcher my phone has not woken up once without me prompting it. Before loading this launcher the phone would wake up constantly without me asking it to and kill the battery. I wonder...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New iPhone Launcher...Cool !!!-launcherfw9.jpg  
    Last edited by magohn; 04-01-2007 at 10:52 AM.

Thats awesome I would totally use that interface with my 6700.
    Sprint PPC6800
    * 1GB Micro SD
    * i.Trek M6

Out Of Control PPC User merkman's Avatar

I'm in! :)

I actually have a Cingular 8525, but was a LONG time Sprint customer and STILL have my 6700.

Tried this app today, and though I had some trouble remapping certain applications... I found the trouble was because I was trying link to shortcuts. Once I found the app the shortcut links to on my PC, and redid the config.ini file with that, I was golden.

I don't understand why the weather icon links to Skype for Pocket PC. Does Skype have weather with the IM program on PPC's? I found NO mention of that on Skype's site.

Would love a good app for keeping updated with sports scores. I think Yahoo Go will be cool once it's available... so I put my # in to be updated when it's available for the 8525 later this month. Figure I'll link it to the stocks icon, and use it for sports, news, etc.

Only other problem I had was the clock. In the iPhone launcher, the clock is always 7 hours ahead of my clock set to PST. Suppose it's hard coded and that's just a fact of life? I didn't see an option for that.

Thanks again to the OP! This is pretty sweet, and a lot better than the apps that need extra programs and junk.
    Cingular 8525 with Black 3.0.1 ROM (WM6)
    Paired: Sony MEX-BT2500 (car stereo w/ audio streaming, it's AWESOME!), i.Trek GPS w/ i.Guidence software, a few PC's

Quote Originally Posted by merkman
    I actually have a Cingular 8525, but was a LONG time Sprint customer and STILL have my 6700.

Tried this app today, and though I had some trouble remapping certain applications... I found the trouble was because I was trying link to shortcuts. Once I found the app the shortcut links to on my PC, and redid the config.ini file with that, I was golden.

I don't understand why the weather icon links to Skype for Pocket PC. Does Skype have weather with the IM program on PPC's? I found NO mention of that on Skype's site.

Would love a good app for keeping updated with sports scores. I think Yahoo Go will be cool once it's available... so I put my # in to be updated when it's available for the 8525 later this month. Figure I'll link it to the stocks icon, and use it for sports, news, etc.

Only other problem I had was the clock. In the iPhone launcher, the clock is always 7 hours ahead of my clock set to PST. Suppose it's hard coded and that's just a fact of life? I didn't see an option for that.

Thanks again to the OP! This is pretty sweet, and a lot better than the apps that need extra programs and junk.
    Yes, looks to me that the person who posted the files simply used the weather icon to use as a launch for Skype IM itself. Shouldn't be too difficult to search the web for more appropriate icons and just name your new icon the same as the weather icon so it displays easily. As for the clock it looks as if the code is hard - wired for GMT. The source code is provided and I cant see this being a big deal to change.

I really like the 'unlock' feature ...

Question

anybody get this screen when you run the slide.exe program?

why the black box at the upper right above the date?

Otherwise, works great!

edit: Thanks to the OP!

Last edited by johnny2678; 04-01-2007 at 04:58 PM. Reason: forgot

Quote Originally Posted by johnny2678
    anybody get this screen when you run the slide.exe program?

why the black box at the upper right above the date?

Otherwise, works great!

edit: Thanks to the OP!

Yes, I got that but it went away by itself. So I didnt look further

Thanks.

I couldn't find the download file, can anyone help me out?
    Sprint PPC6800
    * 1GB Micro SD
    * i.Trek M6

Its right there from the posted link. The zip file 4 lines down...

Why is the time way off on my slide lock screen?
    Sprint PPC6700
    Cingular 8125
    Qtek 9100
    Orange M2000
    T-Mobile MDA Compact
    Siemens SX-56

How do you map new programs and icon's?
    Sprint PPC6800
    * 1GB Micro SD
    * i.Trek M6

i downloaded the file and all the files were in one folder. can someone tell me witch files go in witch folder

Quote Originally Posted by tripp0090
    i downloaded the file and all the files were in one folder. can someone tell me witch files go in witch folder
    I simply placed that folder ('Re's Launcher & Unlocker') on my SD card and launched the 'launcher' from within...
    Thanks.

Well it seems we need the Pocket Programming Language (PPL) to fix the clock problem. There is a free copy on the online site, but no way to create an EXE without the $100 program.

Anyone else have this program and have the fixes???
    Paired: Sony MEX-BT2500 (car stereo w/ audio streaming, it's AWESOME!), i.Trek GPS w/ i.Guidence software, a few PC's

im a spastic i didn't realize that winzip didn't show the folders and just showed all files in the zip. thanks i got it when i used winrar

andason from ppcgeeks has "fixed" the slider so the time is correct, but changed the slider to a ppcgeeks banner, which is better than those stupid fish IMHO.

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/ppcgeeks-iph...der-t4117.html

so if the clock bugs you what i did was select that time zone and then make the correct change. not sure if this is going to mess with anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by xmind2006
    andason from ppcgeeks has "fixed" the slider so the time is correct, but changed the slider to a ppcgeeks banner, which is better than those stupid fish IMHO.

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/ppcgeeks-iph...der-t4117.html
    I couldn't find a link to the "fixed" files. Does someone else have one?

I'm seriously considering getting into the programming code shortly and seeing what's in there. Being able to change an icon or 2 would be sweet, not to mention fix the clock, etc.

you have to be logged in to ppcgeeks in order to see the files

The PPCGeeks guys are great for delving into this further, but they don't get one important factor - people like the iPhone interface because it's a clean, refined design. The PPCGeeks logo they tacked onto the updated, time-sniffing version looks like sdomething my 2 y/o daughter could make. Thank God developers demonstrate on a daily basis their complete lack of design asthetic - it means job security for me.
    Casio E-100 > iPaq 3635 > iPaq 3970 > Treo 600 > PPC6700 > My 6700 reborn with a C&S 3.5 ROM, Yay!

Since u can apparently do a much better job, care to post an example of something u think is better?