+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 117
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-04-2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    224

    WM6_RDP (Mobile Remote Desktop Client)

    Thanks to Sardinour I was able to get WM6 Mobile Remote Destkop Client to work. I extracted Sardinour's .nbf file converted it to a .nba and dumped the contents. I then was able to take the necessary and patch together the registry.

    Here is a cab file so all can enjoy. Simply unzip it and install the cab file on yoru device and you will have WM6 Mobile Remote Desktop Client to use. Terminal Services will not be effected by this program, it runs independently.
    Attached Files

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-22-2006
    Posts
    8
    I've used the Terminal Services with WM5 only to discover that virtually impossible to navigate the desktop of a system without extreme patience. Is there an advancement with this Remote Desktop Client? I'm hoping for a desktop resizing, but don't expect it.

    I thought I'd ask before installing.

    Thanks in advance.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-08-2005
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by rshepard
    I've used the Terminal Services with WM5 only to discover that virtually impossible to navigate the desktop of a system without extreme patience. Is there an advancement with this Remote Desktop Client? I'm hoping for a desktop resizing, but don't expect it.

    I thought I'd ask before installing.

    Thanks in advance.
    well it supports sound, and 16bit color, and saving the name and password of the user account so you do not have to type it in everytime

    However the keyboard, both the softkeyboard and hardware keyboard don't work AT ALL. Only the mouse for some reason

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-04-2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by mcq3000
    However the keyboard, both the softkeyboard and hardware keyboard don't work AT ALL. Only the mouse for some reason
    Not sure why the keyboard isn't working for you, but it certainly does for me.

  5. #5
    Registered User thisguyinoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-15-2006
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by finster869
    Not sure why the keyboard isn't working for you, but it certainly does for me.

    Really?? What do you have? Sprint or Verizon? I have sprint and I can't get the keyboard to work at all.
    SMT-5600 >> PPC-6700 (Apache) >> PPC-6900 (Sprint Touch)
    Sprint Touch Cube Configuration Tool

  6. #6
    Got the Mogul finally!!
    Join Date
    05-17-2007
    Posts
    59
    Thanks for the program. It works great. I'm a little ticked that Sprint took RDP off the Mogul. That is the whole reason I got a Windows device instead of Palm or something because I need to be able to RDP into computers. I also have used lomein successfully on the Mogul. That works awesome too. Thanks again for your help in getting that back on the Mogul. I had been searching everywhere for that.

  7. #7
    IT Goofball
    Join Date
    10-04-2006
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    134

    weird...doesn't work for me

    even after a reboot...I have no keyboard, whether on phone, or via remote desktop. has anyone found a fix for this one?

    I like this version much better than the Terminal Services that came with WM5...scrolling around with the bars makes me want to hurl.

    thanks,

    James

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-14-2006
    Posts
    40
    Keyboard works fine for me. Logged into 2 PCs and could type into both of them.

    Great app, its nice having 16bit color, and fullscreen. Thanks for Porting it Finster.

  9. #9
    IT Goofball
    Join Date
    10-04-2006
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    134

    wait a min...

    lemme guess...for those that does work with the keyboard, you guys are connecting up to an XP system, right? I'm trying to connect up to a Vista...tried Windows Server 2003...still no use on keyboard.

    Did you guys get the same cab file from here?

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-14-2006
    Posts
    40
    Nope. It works fine for me on Server 2k3, and 2k clients, and well as xp clients.

    I only have Home Premium Vista clients so I cant test with Vista.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-05-2004
    Posts
    3
    Ordered my 6800 Monday at 8:00am. Up and running since Tuesday. I just now discovered that this was missing. I'm calling Sprint now because this has to be an oversight. Thanks for posting this. You're a life-saver !

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-15-2005
    Location
    sc
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by finster869 View Post
    Thanks to Sardinour I was able to get WM6 Mobile Remote Destkop Client to work. I extracted Sardinour's .nbf file converted it to a .nba and dumped the contents. I then was able to take the necessary and patch together the registry.

    Here is a cab file so all can enjoy. Simply unzip it and install the cab file on yoru device and you will have WM6 Mobile Remote Desktop Client to use. Terminal Services will not be effected by this program, it runs independently.
    can some one give instuctions on how to load rdp for wm6 on a mogul and will it work from the sd card?

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-05-2004
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by bar340 View Post
    can some one give instuctions on how to load rdp for wm6 on a mogul and will it work from the sd card?
    Try this link from the browser on your Mogul:

    http://www.kckenterprises.com/WM6RDP.cab

    I imagine it should work from the MicroSD, but it's pretty small, so no reason to load it to the card.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-01-2007
    Posts
    1
    If the Keyboard isnt working for you it's because you installed the .cab to your storage card. There are scancode files in it that MUST go in the \windows folder, but installing it to a storage card puts them in \Storage Card\Windows.

    Uninstall and then reinstall to main storage and the keyboard (soft and hard) will work just fine.

    Thanks so much for this, Finster. This beats every other WM RDP client, hands down.

  15. #15
    IT Goofball
    Join Date
    10-04-2006
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    134

    THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

    Quote Originally Posted by xamphear View Post
    If the Keyboard isnt working for you it's because you installed the .cab to your storage card. There are scancode files in it that MUST go in the \windows folder, but installing it to a storage card puts them in \Storage Card\Windows.

    Uninstall and then reinstall to main storage and the keyboard (soft and hard) will work just fine.

    Thanks so much for this, Finster. This beats every other WM RDP client, hands down.
    crap...I was losing my marbles, and this does work indeed via the device, not from the card. I have full use of keyboard and such...I love it...and couldn't agree any more...hands down the best Remote Application available.

    thanks!

    James

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-08-2007
    Posts
    46
    Guys, this is not working for me.

    The program installed fine in my PPC-6800 but I am not able to connect to any of my PCs.
    I can connect fine to those machines using IE for network shares browsing from the PPC-6800.
    I can also RDP into those machines from my laptop.

    However, I am not able to RDP into the machine from the PDA.
    I have use WINS names, DNS names, IPs with no success.

    I get:
    "Cannot connect.
    Likely reasons are:
    1. Specified computer name or ip does not exit
    2. A network error occured while establishing the connection. "

    Any idea?

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-08-2007
    Posts
    46
    Anyone?
    Still can't connect using mobile remote desktop.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-08-2007
    Posts
    46
    Never mind, it now works.
    The problem was with my router wireless configurations.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-10-2007
    Posts
    1

    Unhappy *almost* works - numeric keypad stuck on!

    Has anyone tried using this on a T-mobile dash/HTC excalibur. I re-installed it to the main device (had the keyboard not working problem). Now when I type any of the letters that also map to a number will only type the number, no combination of alt or cap seems to change that. Quite useless as both my username and password have letters in that range on them.

    I only just hit this problem, if I solve it before anyone pipes up I'll post the solution!

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-30-2006
    Posts
    39
    I have an xv6700 and I'm required to use Goodlink for emails, calendar, etc., for my job. The problem is Goodlink uses too much RAM and my device locks up constantly. I'm presently trying the BB8830 and don't like it. Would I be able to load a Mobile Remote Desktop Client onto my 6700 to access my laptop at home and check my emails, etc., and would I be able to keep this application open and running at all times, almost working as a push through. I am very new to all this and appreciate any help given to me very much. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts