+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Throw together a Google Checkout site and I'm sure you'll get some donations.

Here is a link to city-id. It tells you the originating city that the call is coming from plus any other caller ID info (including pic if it's in your contact) Yes, I'm running it with your current unlock program on an XV6700

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/files/cityid_21_146.zip

What happenes is that with the unlock prog, I can't answer the phone via button about 50% of the time.

First off this program is exactly what i have been looking for(should be built in). Anyways, it worked like a champ right when i installed it. But the next day after a few reboots and installing some stuff it locks my phone up.

Each time i turn off the screen and turn it back on it goes to a blank white screen and then i have to soft reset. Any ideas? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still does the same thing.

Über-converged
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackey
    First off this program is exactly what i have been looking for(should be built in). Anyways, it worked like a champ right when i installed it. But the next day after a few reboots and installing some stuff it locks my phone up.

Each time i turn off the screen and turn it back on it goes to a blank white screen and then i have to soft reset. Any ideas? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still does the same thing.
    Perhaps something you installed is not compatible? Are you still getting this problem? Perhaps try the pro version posted below.
    Palm IIIe > Palm IIIxe > Zire71 + Samsung a660 > PPC-6700 > Sprint PPC-6800 Mogul
    Help make your wireless company fair

Über-converged
    Okay, here is the release of OnLockPro v1.0.0. Be sure to read the readme file. Some important notes in there. Enjoy. As usual, give me any feedback or report any trouble you have. Thanks.

I also attached the net cf for those that do not have it.
    *oops. Looks like the netcf is too large for me to post. Does anyone know where I can host it for download? Otherwise, you can get it from MS below. I have the 2mb cab that is all you need though. The MS download is like 25mb.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JKingGrim; 01-21-2007 at 03:07 PM.
    Palm IIIe > Palm IIIxe > Zire71 + Samsung a660 > PPC-6700 > Sprint PPC-6800 Mogul

High-tech Redneck
    JKingGrim -

Something that I just noticed in the difference between the screen shots you posted, the version of the OnLockPro you just posted and the beta version I tested. The sceen shots show a noce clean font. However in the new version the fint seems to be simmilar to the old "system" font's from way back in the old days of the monochrome monitors. I have posted screen shots for comparaision. I did not see the screen shots before I loaded the release version so I am not sure if this was a problem then or not. I really did not pay attention.

With that said, is the font type embedded into the program is that just something is pulled from the fints folder in the device? Or, is ther an option that I am just net seeing to set the font?

Other than that I did not find any issues with the beta version that I tested that was already noted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I have written another screenlock program-onlockpro.jpg  

Über-converged
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryDevil
    JKingGrim -

Something that I just noticed in the difference between the screen shots you posted, the version of the OnLockPro you just posted and the beta version I tested. The sceen shots show a noce clean font. However in the new version the fint seems to be simmilar to the old "system" font's from way back in the old days of the monochrome monitors. I have posted screen shots for comparaision. I did not see the screen shots before I loaded the release version so I am not sure if this was a problem then or not. I really did not pay attention.

With that said, is the font type embedded into the program is that just something is pulled from the fints folder in the device? Or, is ther an option that I am just net seeing to set the font?

Other than that I did not find any issues with the beta version that I tested that was already noted.
    Wow, I have never seen that before. Do you get that with all the views? Nothing has changed in the display since the beta. Does anyone else get this? I dont. Have you changed anything else on your device? Soft reset? Perhaps try the beta and see if it goes back to normal?

Ok I just tested this and I have some issues.

1. On an incoming call I can answer but I cant end the call until I unlock the phone. I don't have "stay locked on incoming calls" enabled but the phone is locked on an incoming call. Any ideas? or is this by design?

2. With my blue tooth headset on if I don't answer the call within the time out it shuts the phone off and stops ringing. I increased the timeout to 30sec so this is not an issue.

btw JKingGrim awesome app and I do like it alot.
    And MS voice dial 1.6 works while the phone is locked.. very very nice!
    Last edited by mdecker79; 01-21-2007 at 12:30 PM.

Über-converged
    Quote Originally Posted by mdecker79
    Ok I just tested this and I have some issues.

1. On an incoming call I can answer but I cant end the call until I unlock the phone. I don't have "stay locked on incoming calls" enabled but the phone is locked on an incoming call. Any ideas? or is this by design?

2. With my blue tooth headset on if I don't answer the call within the time out it shuts the phone off and stops ringing. I increased the timeout to 30sec so this is not an issue.

btw JKingGrim awesome app and I do like it alot.
    And MS voice dial 1.6 works while the phone is locked.. very very nice!
    While the call is ringing, it will stay unlocked and go to the background. Once you answer the call, it will lock, and you must unlock to answer the call (this is by my design). Alternatively, when I answer the call, I hit the power button. When the device is off during a call the end key will always end the call despite any screen lock programs (this is by design of the OS). Also, keep in mind that I have not yet figured out how to let windows underneath mine update while I have the screen locked. So while it may say the call is connected, it may have actually ended. You must unlock to see. Do you think end key should always be unlocked? May be hard to do. What does everyone else think?

And that is good news that MSVC works while locked. There is an included exe with this app called "unlock.exe". Try telling MSVC to unlock, and it should work. Now you can unlock with VC.
    Last edited by JKingGrim; 01-21-2007 at 01:29 PM.

Über-converged
    Does anyone else get that weird font btw?

Quote Originally Posted by JKingGrim
    You must unlock to see. Do you think end key should always be unlocked? May be hard to do. What does everyone else think?
    If I bind the unlock code to "YY", I can press end end to unlock and once more to end. Not a problem since I seem to push it about 5 times just to be sure...

And news that MSVC works while locked. There is an included exe with this app called "unlock.exe". Try telling MSVC to unlock, and it should work. Now you can unlock with VC.
    I am probably missing something, but if the phone is locked how do I get MSVC to accept a command (without BT headset) without unlocking it first?

My objective is to stop accidentally calling the last person I connected to when I put the phone in the holster. I have entertained to many people with unintended conversations...or worse. Any way to bind a "lock now" to end of phone call? Y key? I tried assigning a button to "onlockpro" but it doesn't lock the phone with activation--until I power off--which I forget to do. My phone calls are going to end up on youtube if I can't break this habit.

Great little app by the way, thank you. And no to the weird font Q.

David.

While the call is ringing, it will stay unlocked and go to the background. Once you answer the call, it will lock, and you must unlock to answer the call (this is by my design). Alternatively, when I answer the call, I hit the power button. When the device is off during a call the end key will always end the call despite any screen lock programs (this is by design of the OS). Also, keep in mind that I have not yet figured out how to let windows underneath mine update while I have the screen locked. So while it may say the call is connected, it may have actually ended. You must unlock to see. Do you think end key should always be unlocked? May be hard to do. What does everyone else think?

And news that MSVC works while locked. There is an included exe with this app called "unlock.exe". Try telling MSVC to unlock, and it should work. Now you can unlock with VC.

Let me clear up the MS VC 1.6.. While I have my bt headset on I can use voice dial via my bt button while the device is lock with your app. Just like with the built in lock program.
    I never use MS VC via a button on the phone just my BT headset button.

I just tested the end call button again.

I called my phone and answered it fine while locked and then I hit the power button which turned the phone off but the call was still active. I then hit the end button to end the call and it just powered the device on stating it was still locked and it did not end the call.

I think the end button should be unlocked during a phone call at least. unless its easier to keep the end button unlocked the entire time. I have no idea so I'm just saying

I don't mind the screen not updating behind your app as long as I have the time and date which your app provides. If I need anything other info from my phone ill just unlock it.
    Last edited by mdecker79; 01-21-2007 at 01:24 PM.

Über-converged
    I called my phone and answered it fine while locked and then I hit the power button which turned the phone off but the call was still active. I then hit the end button to end the call and it just powered the device on stating it was still locked and it did not end the call.
    I am pretty sure the call has actually ended, but it does not say so because it must be unlocked for the call status window to be updated. See what I mean? At that point when u unlock, it should change to 'call ended'.

Let me clear up the MS VC 1.6.. While I have my bt headset on I can use voice dial via my bt button while the device is lock with your app. Just like with the built in lock program.
    I never use MS VC via a button on the phone just my BT headset button.
    Did you try the command "unlock"? I am anxious to see if it works, as someone wanted this feature.

Über-converged
    And BTW, to assign a button to lock the screen, assign a button to "Lock" in the control panel. OnLockPro must be running for it to work.

High-tech Redneck
    Does anyone else get that weird font btw?

I have not had a chance to text the beta to see if I get it. We had about 8" of snow last night and I am still in the process of digging out.

I will try a little later this evening and let you know the results.

Oh, and to answer your question about the other views, yes I do get it then too. I have also did several soft resets and it still did not clear up.
    Last edited by CountryDevil; 01-21-2007 at 03:47 PM.

I am pretty sure the call has actually ended, but it does not say so because it must be unlocked for the call status window to be updated. See what I mean? At that point when u unlock, it should change to 'call ended'.

Did you try the command "unlock"? I am anxious to see if it works, as someone wanted this feature.

No the call doesn't end at all. I can actually here myself pressing the end call button on the other side and the call never shuts off. Then I unlock the phone and hit the end button and it shuts off.

While the phone was locked I opened MS VC and said "open unlock" and it does start something but your app doesn't unlock.

I've also had the phone unlocked and started MS VC and said "open lock" and the phone actually powers off and locks.

Über-converged
    Hmm. Do you have anything else called unlock?

Nope. But I did see something start up and it just didn't do anything.

High-tech Redneck
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryDevil
    I have not had a chance to text the beta to see if I get it. We had about 8" of snow last night and I am still in the process of digging out.

I will try a little later this evening and let you know the results.

Oh, and to answer your question about the other views, yes I do get it then too. I have also did several soft resets and it still did not clear up.
    No sir, I still get the same "font" with the beta version as well.

Über-converged
    It seems then that something has changed on your device. My app does not embed any fonts in it. It uses the system font. Have you installed any new software or made any configuration changes, registry edits, ect?