+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Euphorically Confused

PPC 6700 confirmed on Sprint (I have proof)

Okay, for all of you who were so positive that there is no PPC6700 (symantics of actual naming aside) here is the proof you need. I have a ton of pictures, but I do not want to bog down the site until I get the okay.

So, as reported before, it is an HTC Apache. It is running Windows Mobile 5 and has Wifi built in. It does have the mini SD slot. It is currently running EVDO as well and here are a few of the speed tests I ran while I had the phone.

596 0.696s (600k) spcsdns.net Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; SprintPC-6700; PPC; 240x320)

324 0.774s (200k) spcsdns.net Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; SprintPC-6700; PPC; 240x320)

Unfortunately, I have to be brief now, but fire away with questions as I have access to the phone for a while.
    Custom Apache AKU 3.5 roms and rom kitchens available
    ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO AN OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND
    If you have found me helpful or would like to support the developers of roms and apps that I use, please Donate

Euphorically Confused
    Pictures are too big, trying again.

edit: Pictures are not posting. I am trying to upload bitmaps, but they are still too big. Does someone want to host them or can someone tell me how to reduce the file size? Right now my smallest picture is still 2 Mb.
    Last edited by colonel; 08-21-2005 at 08:48 PM.
    ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO AN OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND
    If you have found me helpful or would like to support the developers of roms and apps that I use, please Donate

Euphorically Confused
    again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint PPC 6700  - Pics and Specs Discussion-hpim0149.jpg  
    Last edited by colonel; 08-21-2005 at 08:52 PM.

Euphorically Confused
    This is kind of blurry, but it shows Windows Mobile 5 at the top
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint PPC 6700  - Pics and Specs Discussion-hpim0158.jpg  

Euphorically Confused
    I apologize for another blurry one, but it shows the device information. I will get better pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint PPC 6700  - Pics and Specs Discussion-hpim0160.jpg  

Euphorically Confused
    Last one for now until I get the pictures smaller and better quality. I do have a bunch more showing all sides and some screen shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint PPC 6700  - Pics and Specs Discussion-hpim0171.jpg  

USCC DTS Team
    Why are there so many differences between the first picture and the last?

For example: Sprint Logo on the last photo, not on the first.

Euphorically Confused
    The Sprint logo is on my PPC6600. The apache does not have any logos on it. However, I am trying to upload a picture that shows the Sprint start screen.

Euphorically Confused
    Here is the Sprint start screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint PPC 6700  - Pics and Specs Discussion-6700.jpg  

Can you get the PRL that is on the phone in file format? That would be greatly appreciated!
    That screen shot of the versions is really blurred. Can you post all that information in text format.

Or better yet, how about a ROM dump?
    mmmmm.....Sprint Mogul....!

Euphorically Confused
    Exactly, we will keep things offline.

And I promise to get better pictures. I did not realize how blurry they were when I took them.
    Last edited by colonel; 08-21-2005 at 09:23 PM.

If you could at least post what PRL version is on the phone, it would help identify what the current one is. Ehud or luv2chill would be the best to find info on ROM dumps. As far as PRL extractions, I really don't think there is a current way to pull one off the phone. I was just curious if you had connections to get it.

PM me if you want to take this offline.
    mmmmm.....Sprint Mogul....!

Does the mail client work with hotmail?
    Can you use a bluetooth headset to dial?
    Does the case have a pocket (for audio adapter, sd cards, etc)?
    How good is the camera (can you post a few pics taken with the 6700 camera)?
    How is the battery life?
    Is the stylus on the bottom (and do you think it will fall out)?
    Does it record video?
    How much will it cost?
    What software is installed out of the gate?
    Is the volume good (can you hear good without turning it up all the way when talking on it, are the ringers loud without turning it up all the way, and can you play music on it and hear it thru the speakers at acceptable levels)?
    Is the keyboard backlit?
    When the keyboard is out and the phone dialer is open, do you have to hit a function key to dial a number or does it default to the numbers on the keys?

Euphorically Confused
    Originally posted by SaltyDawg
    Does the mail client work with hotmail?
    I did not test the mail client, I will try.

Can you use a bluetooth headset to dial?
    I will try to test this as well.

Does the case have a pocket (for audio adapter, sd cards, etc)?
    It did not have a case with it.

How good is the camera (can you post a few pics taken with the 6700 camera)?
    The camera is much better than the 6600. I will get some pics to post.

How is the battery life?
    Not sure on battery life, but if you have Wifi and Bluetooth running, I am sure it will be an issue

Is the stylus on the bottom (and do you think it will fall out)?
    The stylus is in the antenna. It seems pretty secure. I will post a picture of it with some more pics later.

Does it record video?
    Did not test, but I assume it does. The camera app looked the same as the 6600.

How much will it cost?
    unknown

What software is installed out of the gate?
    I will get a list

Is the volume good (can you hear good without turning it up all the way when talking on it, are the ringers loud without turning it up all the way, and can you play music on it and hear it thru the speakers at acceptable levels)?
    I did not really test this. I will get more information.

Is the keyboard backlit?
    Yes, the actual letters are backlit, not the whole key.

When the keyboard is out and the phone dialer is open, do you have to hit a function key to dial a number or does it default to the numbers on the keys?
    I will check on this.

USCC DTS Team
    Originally posted by colonel
    The Sprint logo is on my PPC6600. The apache does not have any logos on it. However, I am trying to upload a picture that shows the Sprint start screen.
    Woops. I see that now. I don't see how I got 'em backwards now.

ppc 6700

Anyword on a release date?

Could you test out the WIFI reception and report back on it? The reception on the Blue Angel sucks!

What is your opinion of the overall build quality?

Are there a lot of bugs in the current ROM, or does it seem to be running smothly.

Is the overall look (without branding) the finalized version, or will the look be different?

Are you testing this for the network? What job do you have? (If you can answer this without compromising it)

You rock man!!! you are my hero!!! How do I get your job?

Please post some better pics as soon as you can.

Zach
    Last edited by zachavm; 08-21-2005 at 11:00 PM.

Is there really on 40mb of storage available? That seems wierd conosidering that there is 128mb of ROM total.

What external buttons does it have and what are they for? I've seen some pics of the wizard with a hardware switch on the bottom. Does the apache have it? If so, what is is for? Ringer on/off? Button lock?
    Last edited by zachavm; 08-21-2005 at 11:08 PM.

RELEASE DATE PLEASE!!

In my opinion the release date is probably not going to happen for several months. The reason I think this is because of the fact that this handset is not even on Phonescoop yet. Unless someone knows otherwise. Normally phones start showing up on phone scoop a couple months before their release date.

Hey colonel, what program is that, that your using on your pocketPC 6600? I like it.

It looks as though he forgot to turn on Macro Mode before he took those really close ups of the Screen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast