+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Luser

How to get youtube on Verizon TP?

If I try to view a video on m.youtube.com, I get media player opening up with a url that loooks something like rtsp://bfew.rtsp-yo..... and an error dialog reporting "An unknown error 0x8007274D has occured." What's the best way for adding youtube support to our crippled Verizon TP's?

On the AT&T version, unlike the Sprint as I understand, there is no shortcut on the Touch Flo "Programs" screen, but the app is in the Windows directory. My guess is that it's the same for Verizon.

Registered Luser
    Nope. Verizon has left out the application entirely.

Nonconsensual Verizon Beta Tester
    I think it depends on Flash support in your browser. The Skyfire browser supports youtube videos with no problem on my TP.

It has worked on any flash-based streaming video site I've tried.

Nonconsensual Verizon Beta Tester
    You can download it here, btw:

Welcome to Skyfire!

-d

Quote Originally Posted by jgjackson View Post
    If I try to view a video on m.youtube.com, I get media player opening up with a url that loooks something like rtsp://bfew.rtsp-yo..... and an error dialog reporting "An unknown error 0x8007274D has occured." What's the best way for adding youtube support to our crippled Verizon TP's?
    Here unzipped this folder and store it on yor storage card, and just execute the youtube.exe

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

edited: if you don't see any files in the folder, make sure you have " show all files" checked in explorer.

Registered Luser
    Quote Originally Posted by 510jungleboy View Post
    Here unzipped this folder and store it on yor storage card, and just execute the youtube.exe

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

edited: if you don't see any files in the folder, make sure you have " show all files" checked in explorer.
    Unfortunately, that app isn't compatible with the Verizon version of the TP. It just reports an error message that it requires at least 64 Terabytes (yes, Terabytes) to run.

Quote Originally Posted by jgjackson View Post
    Unfortunately, that app isn't compatible with the Verizon version of the TP. It just reports an error message that it requires at least 64 Terabytes (yes, Terabytes) to run.
    That sucks, I wonder why only sprint TP works? I tried it on a rom that didn't have anything except wm 6.1 , and worked great from storage card.

Registered Luser
    My guess is that Verizon knew we would do this and so had HTC detect it's on the Verizon hardware (maybe by checking available memory), purposely cripping the software. I'm so tempted to get Coreplayer but for their oppressive DRM (no transfering the license from one device to another).

Scott’s VZW ROM posted on PPC Geeks has it. The ROM works extremely well & doesn't have a bunch of extra stuff in it. It's basically the stock ROM with a newer version of Windows CE & also includes the YouTube app. I have it running on my Verizoned Sprint Pro & it's really speedy.

Quote Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
    Scott’s VZW ROM posted on PPC Geeks has it. The ROM works extremely well & doesn't have a bunch of extra stuff in it. It's basically the stock ROM with a newer version of Windows CE & also includes the YouTube app. I have it running on my Verizoned Sprint Pro & it's really speedy.
    Why can't WMP play m.youtube.com videos on VZ's Touch Pro? My Q9C could.

Rob.

Edit: Okay ... I have found the answer ... VZW didn't include the codec to make it work. Does anyone know where you can get the codec to allow WMP to play m.youtube.com videos?
    Last edited by MobileRob; 12-15-2008 at 11:59 PM.
    www.mobilerob.com
    Productivity software for Smartphones

Okay ... here is a link for the YouTube program that was missing from VZW HTC Touch Pro (at least I think it is the same) and it works great.

http://www.nethosts.biz/resources/YouTube_Vga.cab

Rob.
    www.mobilerob.com
    Productivity software for Smartphones

Registered Luser
    Yee Haw! That works great on the stock Verizon TP. Thanks a million Rob.