+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    PDANet upgraded to 1.3:
    http://www.junefabrics.com/iphone/updatehistory.php
    Version 1.30
    • Have Insomnia feature built-in when PdaNet is in the foreground. Once a connection is active, you can now turn off the screen and your connection will not drop.
    • Remove Proximity Sensing since it is no longer needed with the above feature.
    • Fix the installer package so that rebooting is no longer needed after installation.
    • Add a help button.
    • Fix incorrect message that says WiFi disabled.
    • Fix incorrect message that says Cell phone data service not available.
    • Fix the damn icon!
    • Fix a rare DHCP issue.
    Check the Changes tab in Cydia.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    onlydarksets,

Thanks!

Now this is really working better.
    I am sending this e-mial using my PC and my iPhone via PDANet.

The iPhone is asleep also.......very cool.

Thanks for the update JunFabricks!

Mark

Come on slingBox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing you need to know: When using PDANet the battery gets really hot.
    Last edited by Mark_A_K; 09-30-2008 at 10:36 AM.

well now it's worth taking the time to jailbreak... I guess I'll be doing this either tonight or tomorrow.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

The first time I tried using this it worked fine. Now when I try to connect the iphone to the network I created pdanet doesn't do anything. The iphone is connected to the wifi network that my Mac is connected to but the phone still shows that I'm connected to 3g and pdanet is telling me to connect to the adhoc network even though the phone is already connected to it. This app seems great but I can't get it to work.

Try shuting off the wifi on your phone and restating the wifi again on you phone.

See if that fixes the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    Try shuting off the wifi on your phone and restating the wifi again on you phone.

See if that fixes the issue.
    That worked thanks a lot it was driving me crazy. This is so much better than all the proxy methods for tethering. Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

Ok it's working but after a few minutes the connection doesn't seem to work on my computer anymore and my phone is completely frozen and I have to do a hard reset on it. I'm wondering if I'm doing something to cause this?

Quote Originally Posted by LSUtigers03 View Post
    Ok it's working but after a few minutes the connection doesn't seem to work on my computer anymore and my phone is completely frozen and I have to do a hard reset on it. I'm wondering if I'm doing something to cause this?

Do you have the latest version of PDANet?
    There was an update that come out on either Monday or Tuesday.

Start Cydia and look at the bottom of the page for a botton called Changes. If there is a red circle then push the change button and the app that has the update will reload.

The new version fixes the sleep issue that drops the connection.

Infact there is an update for today. The latest is version 1.31

When you are done with PDAet dont just hit the Home Button on your phone you have to also go into PDANet and turn off the Router.
    Last edited by Mark_A_K; 10-01-2008 at 06:59 AM.

I have 1.3 I'll go get 1.31. Also I wasn't turning of the wifi router in pdanet I was just hitting home. I'll try your suggestions thanks again.

Thanks, Mark - I was just about to post 1.31. I can't find any release notes, though.

Version 1.31

* Fix a critical memory leak that eventually freezes the iPhone or makes it unstable after long period of downloads. All PdaNet users are strongly recommended to upgrade to this build. This should also reduce battery usage.
    * Fix a minor IP address assignment problem.
    * Fix a resource leak in ping protocol.
    * WiFi router switch status will now be saved even with a reboot.

Thanks! They hadn't posted it to the update history when I checked.

Well this does it!!! I am getting my iPhone tomorrow now that I have an alternative to my WMWiFirouter on my i760.

My only question is this - if this app can only be installed via Cydia - is there a way, once downloaded to the iPhone, that you can archive the software in the event you ever need to blow away your iPhone and restore to factory settings and if the originaly download repository is yanked?

For example, let's say PDAnet gets pulled from the net somehow and you have to reset your iphone. How would you reinstall PDAnet?

Quote Originally Posted by jmt730 View Post
    Well this does it!!! I am getting my iPhone tomorrow now that I have an alternative to my WMWiFirouter on my i760.

My only question is this - if this app can only be installed via Cydia - is there a way, once downloaded to the iPhone, that you can archive the software in the event you ever need to blow away your iPhone and restore to factory settings and if the originaly download repository is yanked?

For example, let's say PDAnet gets pulled from the net somehow and you have to reset your iphone. How would you reinstall PDAnet?
    You could probably SSH into your iphone and save the app that way.

Cydia uses apt, so you should be able to use Terminal to apt-get download only:
    apt-get

I looked into it some more and posted a quick how-to:
    Archiving Cydia installation packages on the iPhone « onlydarksets

You need to install MobileTerminal first, but then login as root ("su root") and do the following:
    apt-get install <packagename> -d The files are saved to /var/cache/apt/archives

You can back this file up via SFTP, and install from it using the following commandline:
    dpkg -i <package.deb>

Note that <packagename> and <package.deb> will likely be different.
    Last edited by onlydarksets; 10-04-2008 at 01:42 PM.

you guys rock!!! thanks for the tips! 17 hours till I get my iPhone .

I have been using iPhoneModem by Addition and it has been working pretty good. My question is regarding the Windows side. I need a proxy program that will work with all applications. The important ones are IE and Outlook/Exchange.

I am playing around with Proxifier. During initial testing, I was able to get everything working (including Outlook synchronization to Exchange) but now only the POP accounts and RSS feeds are working is Outlook. It will not connect to my Exchange server.

Has anyone played with Proxifier? What other proxy programs have people been using successfully?

Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    I looked into it some more and posted a quick how-to:
    https://onlydarksets.wordpress.com/w...php?posted=487

You need to install MobileTerminal first, but then login as root ("su root") and do the following:
    apt-get install <packagename> -d The files are saved to /var/cache/apt/archives

You can back this file up via SFTP, and install from it using the following commandline:
    dpkg -i <package.deb>

Note that <packagename> and <package.deb> will likely be different.
    Thanks, onlydarksets. I'm going to add a link to your post in the Tips thread. One of these days, I hope to create an FAQs thread like I did in the i760 forum so we easily can find answers to FAQs.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Does the computer you are trying to get online w/ this program need to be connected to a wireless router or can a wireless receiver (antenna) just be used... I'm having trouble because I'm using a belkin receiver on an old xp computer and it uses it's own software to get online.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png