+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-17-2006
    Location
    arlington, va
    Posts
    1,117

    eWallet and desktop sync

    As posted by, well, me, the 6.1.2 eWallet upgrade is now available in the App Store. I figured we needed a new thread about getting it working or any issues that arise. Maybe not, but I started it anyway!

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-17-2006
    Location
    arlington, va
    Posts
    1,117
    I'm thinking this thread might not be necessary - that was so freaking easy to setup!

  3. #3
    Moderator iProb8's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-01-2005
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    3,449
    I think it's a good idea to have a new thread now that 6.1.2 has officially be released so I'll close the other one.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

  4. #4
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-27-2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,384
    I bought eWallet for iPhone 6.0 about one month ago.

    How do I get the new version that will allow me to sync with the Free Windows version that I already d/l from Illium Soft site?

    Do I have to pay the $9.00 again?

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-17-2006
    Location
    arlington, va
    Posts
    1,117
    Go to the App Store on your phone and select the "Updates" tab (on the bottom). The new version should appear there.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-27-2004
    Posts
    24
    And if anyone runs into problem, always feel free to let us know! We're happy to help.

    M-F 9am to 4:30pm ET 888-632-5388
    support@iliumsoft.com

    Marc Tassin
    Ilium Software

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-17-2006
    Location
    arlington, va
    Posts
    1,117
    Marc - nice job with the sync. I'm very impressed!

    (Of course, I'm still going to harass you until you release the BlackBerry client. Either that, or I'm going to have my wife call you every time she needs our frequent flyer number or my SSN! )

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-27-2004
    Posts
    24
    LOL - We're really trying with the BlackBerry version. There have been some really tricky issues to work through but WebIS has been great in working with us to get them all resolved.

    And thanks about iPhone sync! We're really excited about it.

  9. #9
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-27-2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    Go to the App Store on your phone and select the "Updates" tab (on the bottom). The new version should appear there.
    When I do this it says "All Apps Up-to-date.

    My Version is 6.1 Build 108

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-17-2006
    Location
    arlington, va
    Posts
    1,117
    Do you have iTunes on the PC? It should show up there under updates
    (click on Applications, and then there is an update link at the very
    bottom under all of the applications).

    If all else fails, you can uninstall and reinstall. However, that
    will wipe out your data (if you have any).

  11. #11
    Moderator iProb8's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-01-2005
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    3,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilium Software View Post
    And if anyone runs into problem, always feel free to let us know! We're happy to help.

    M-F 9am to 4:30pm ET 888-632-5388
    support@iliumsoft.com

    Marc Tassin
    Ilium Software
    Marc (or anyone else), can you please give us a primer on how to sync with a PC. When I tried to turn on syncing on my iPhone last night, it said something about requiring a Wi Fi connection. The PC that I want to sync to is at work (I have Macs at home), and we don't have a Wi Fi network at work. Will I be able to sync over the internet, or must I sync over a Wi Fi intranet?

    Marc, at some point in the future will we be able to sync via Bluetooth?
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

  12. #12
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-27-2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by iProb8 View Post
    Marc (or anyone else), can you please give us a primer on how to sync with a PC. When I tried to turn on syncing on my iPhone last night, it said something about requiring a Wi Fi connection. The PC that I want to sync to is at work (I have Macs at home), and we don't have a Wi Fi network at work. Will I be able to sync over the internet, or must I sync over a Wi Fi intranet?

    Marc, at some point in the future will we be able to sync via Bluetooth?
    How about just syncing by using the cable?
    That would be nice also especially when you dont have wifi access.
    Last edited by Mark_A_K; 09-08-2008 at 11:27 AM.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-17-2006
    Location
    arlington, va
    Posts
    1,117
    The iPhone and the PC have to be on the same network. You can't sync via cable or BT, because neither allows you to put the iPhone on your network (iPhone doesn't work like WM and the pass-through internet access).

    It's a shame - hopefully Apple will update the BT profiles, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

  14. #14
    Moderator iProb8's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-01-2005
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    3,449
    Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    The iPhone and the PC have to be on the same network. You can't sync via cable or BT, because neither allows you to put the iPhone on your network (iPhone doesn't work like WM and the pass-through internet access).

    It's a shame - hopefully Apple will update the BT profiles, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.
    Oh, that really stinks. We don't have a wi-fi router at my office, and my Dell Optiplex doesn't have a Wi Fi card. So, it sounds like I'll have to get some type of USB wi-fi adapter for my work PC and set up an Ad Hoc network if I want to sync, huh?
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

  15. #15
    Almost There tojohnso's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-04-2006
    Location
    East Coast mid atlantic
    Posts
    206
    Jay - yes, you should be able to do an ad hoc network, but it will need to be Wi-Fi based. Unfortunately, Iliumsoft has been limited by what Apple made available to developers.

    On the positive side, I've never seen eWallet sync so fast. And now...I have EVERYTHING on my iPhone, so 6700 - time to remove your battery and store you away......unless someone wants to buy it, hmmmm.

    This is AWSOME!
    It's working for me, there must not be anything wrong!

  16. #16
    Moderator iProb8's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-01-2005
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    3,449
    Quote Originally Posted by tojohnso View Post
    Jay - yes, you should be able to do an ad hoc network, but it will need to be Wi-Fi based. Unfortunately, Iliumsoft has been limited by what Apple made available to developers.

    On the positive side, I've never seen eWallet sync so fast. And now...I have EVERYTHING on my iPhone, so 6700 - time to remove your battery and store you away......unless someone wants to buy it, hmmmm.

    This is AWSOME!
    I'm glad eWallet is working out for you.

    I'm going to bring an old DLink WiFi (802.11g) router to my office tomorrow and see whether I can set it up between my PC and our network switch, thereby allowing me to have a WiFi network that will work with eWallet. Wish me luck.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

  17. #17
    Almost There tojohnso's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-04-2006
    Location
    East Coast mid atlantic
    Posts
    206
    Worst case, Jay, unplug your PC at work from your network there and plug it in to your wireless router. You'll be able to setup and complete the sync (won't take too long). Then, unplug the router and plug back in to your network.

    Good luck!
    It's working for me, there must not be anything wrong!

  18. #18
    Moderator iProb8's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-01-2005
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    3,449
    Quote Originally Posted by tojohnso View Post
    Worst case, Jay, unplug your PC at work from your network there and plug it in to your wireless router. You'll be able to setup and complete the sync (won't take too long). Then, unplug the router and plug back in to your network.

    Good luck!
    Forget that; it's too much work.

    If my plan works, I'll leave the router connected and just stash it under my desk where no one will see it. What they don't know won't hurt them.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

  19. #19
    Almost There tojohnso's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-04-2006
    Location
    East Coast mid atlantic
    Posts
    206
    Oh boy - you realize you are saying that to a Director of IT, right? If you permanently add a wireless router to your network, you could be opening it to some unscrupulous hackers that could then access your client records. That is, if it's not configured properly to keep them out (don't broadcast the SSID, use WPA or at least a 128 bit WEP key, change the default admin login and web page settings, etc).

    Hmmm, maybe this iPhone thing isn't as ready for the corporate world as they claim it is. They really need to open USB access to the device for software like eWallet.
    It's working for me, there must not be anything wrong!

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-17-2006
    Location
    arlington, va
    Posts
    1,117
    I'm pretty sure they have a sync-to-the-cloud in the works.
    Ilium Software Blog Blog Archive eWallet for iPhone Sync

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts