Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    FYI - if you don't have the desktop version yet, you can get it free if you bought eWallet prior to the update becoming available (you don't have much time left now). Otherwise, it will cost you $10.

"...send an email to support@iliumsoft.com that reads FREE DESKTOP OFFER and a copy of your iTunes receipt..." So you could just forward the email you got from iTunes when you purchased eWallet.

I did it, and they sent me an unlock key. It was very quick.
    It's working for me, there must not be anything wrong!

Just an aside, but they have changed the requirements for getting the free desktop version. You have to purchase the iPhone version and email Ilium requesting the desktop version in order to get it free:
    The offer only applies to Windows PC desktop version and both a puchase of eWallet on iPhone and the email request before we release the new version.
    Ilium Software Blog » Blog Archive » It’s synching! IT’S SYNCHING!

Perhaps it's just worded poorly and they don't mean that, but that appears to be what they are saying.

Nope, that's what it means. The offer is only valid until the sync version is released. So by my guess that leaves around 5 days or so to get that request in!

The promotion is a way to specifically thank the early adopters who have been following the entire development and release process, and to thank the folks who have been so active and supportive on the various mobile sites out there (like pdaphonehome!)

- Marc

They have a new post up with screen shots. The app has been submitted.
    Ilium Software Blog » Blog Archive » We have liftoff…

Rock on!
    John

Marc, I've got to say THANK YOU!! I've enjoyed your blog on iliumsofts website and appreciate that you guys ensure the product works prior to release. That's good management as once it's available people will forget about the delay. As JP said....Rock On!!!!

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    This is the e-mail I got.

I just replyed to it today with my reciept. I hopw I got it to thme in time?

Previous eWallet Owners:
    -----------------------------------------
    If you don't own eWallet for Windows desktop PCs, or own a version older than version 6.0, you will need an update to the latest 6.1 version in order to receive the free sync update.

***If you have purchased eWallet for iPhone _before our sync update release_, we can register you for the latest version at no charge. Send us a copy of your iTunes Store email receipt (or a screenshot of your order history from within iTunes), and set the subject line to FREE DESKTOP EWALLET.

Once the sync updates are released, you will be able to sync any wallets you have on your desktop PC and any you have created on your iPhone/iPod itself.

oh, it's in time. the update isn't published on the App Store yet.

True, but I think the bigger point is that they either (1) changed the terms for getting the free desktop copy or (2) didn't explain it correctly the first time. I assume it's #2 - notwithstanding my harping on Ilium about the BB version of eWallet, they are a stand-up company in my experience and by all accounts.

Because I figure I'll end up keeping my iPhone, I just paid for my first app, namely eWallet. I'm hoping that in doing so I'm still eligible to get the desktop version for free. As soon as I receive my iTunes receipt, I'll forward it to Ilium; however, sometimes I don't get my iTunes receipts for a couple of days. I already own eWallet 5 and eWallet 4 (I guess I just never upgraded to version 6), but the standard upgrade price is $16.95. So, I'm hoping they' give me the version 6 upgrade gratis as I will be abandoning my WM version for the iPhone version. Heck, if things work out, I might just buy another copy for my wife's iPhone.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

I have received my iTunes receipt and forwarded it to Ilium with a request for the unlock code for the PC desktop version. I've also asked for an update as to the release of eWallet for Mac, ListPro for iPhone, and ListPro for Mac.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Jay - good you bought the $9.99 iPhone version hopefully you will get the receipt before they publish 6.1.2 on the app store. Perhaps if you send them an email saying that you paid the $9.99 today and will forward the receipt when Apple sends it, you might get lucky.

I bought eWallet several weeks ago, and had not downloaded the PC version as of yet. I sent them my receipt this afternoon around 1pm pst and received my unlock code with in two hours, pretty good turn around if you ask me.
    Rob
    Droid-ed and iPhoned!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
    I bought eWallet several weeks ago, and had not downloaded the PC version as of yet. I sent them my receipt this afternoon around 1pm pst and received my unlock code with in two hours, pretty good turn around if you ask me.
    Weird. I send Ilium my receipt around 11:15 PST today and have not received it as of 6:43 p.m.--more than 7 hours later.
    -Jay

At 12:14 this afternoon (about 25 hours after my request), I received my unlock code for the PC version of eWallet 6. Five minutes later, I received the following response to my questions about the status of ListPro for the iPhone, ListPro for the Mac, and eWallet for the Mac:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Ilium Software. Regarding your release questions:

1. The Mac desktop version of eWallet,
    We are hoping to release a Mac desktop version later this year.
    2. The iPhone version of ListPro,
    We have no release date for ListPro on iPhone at this time.
    3. The Mac desktop version of ListPro?
    We have no release date for ListPro on Mac at this time.

I'm sorry I could not be more specific but we don't want to give you bad dates.

Thanks again for contacting Ilium Software and feel free to contact us if you have any other questions,

Ilium Software
    I'm bummed about the lack of an estimated release date for ListPro for iPhone and Mac; however, I'm hoping that eWallet for Mac comes out soon.
    -Jay

sounds like the guy that was handing out codes took an extended lunch.
    Rob
    Droid-ed and iPhoned!

Well, here's a bit of irony for y'all. I had used eWallet for quite some time (back to the day when it was called Vault); however, a year or two ago, I switched to Spb Wallet, mainly because I was using a bunch of other Spb products and wanted to minimize the possibility of software conflicts. So, right now, I've got all my data in Spb Wallet on my work PC and on my i760. Here's the irony: I have to enter my eWallet 6 unlock code into Spb Wallet for now. Once the new version of eWallet is released (the one that syncs between the iPhone and the PC), I then can import all my Spb Wallet data into eWallet and make the switch back to eWallet.

C'mon Apple and release the new version of eWallet!!!
    -Jay

Well, here's one for you. I decided to write Apple to see if they could tell me when the new version of eWallet would become available. Below is the response I got, after the first reply saying that eWallet was available. I'm going to assume this guy is really saying an app takes 7 - 14 days for an app to be published.

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your reply. John again here.

Sorry my information was incomplete. You are right, the current version of eWallet being offered at the iTunes store is 6.1 I would expect the new 6.1.2. version to be reviewed and posted for sale within a week or two. Please feel free to contact me again if the new version is not posted soon and will follow up again for you.

Apple is constantly expanding the iTunes Store's catalog of music, audiobooks, videos, and movies. To ensure that your request for a speedier posting of the software is considered, please submit your request through the Request page at:

Apple - iTunes - Request Music

Tom, thank you for your patience in this matter and for your continued support of the iTunes Store. Have a good week-end.

Sincerely,

John
    iTunes Store Customer Support

eWallet 6.1.2 is available for download in the App Store now! I just downloaded it and I'm installing it now.

Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    eWallet 6.1.2 is available for download in the App Store now! I just downloaded it and I'm installing it now.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll close this thread and we can continue discussion in the other thread you created.
    -Jay