Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmihalk View Post
    I left a question for them on their announcement blog... hopefully they will respond soon.
    They responded (within 17 minutes - I think that qualifies as "soon"!):
    Marc Says:
    July 8th, 2008 at 3:49 pm

John:
    We have something in mind John but the entire iPhone AppStore environment is a whole new ball game. Apple tells us how it is going to be and we have to live with that.

Once the AppStore goes live, we will definitely talk some more about this so that everyone knows what our plan is and how it will all work.

Update

Here's the latest on the eWallet for iPhone release: Ilium Software Blog » Blog Archive » eWallet for iPhone Sync.

The short version is that as of yesterday (7/11), Ilium was still waiting to here back from Apple. Also--and this is important--the first release of eWallet for iPhone will not sync; they're still trying to get the sync operation perfect. Ilium says syncing should come out in August. However, the blog talks about syncing with a PC and using the existing PC eWallet program; it does not mention anything about syncing with an OS X application. The cool thing, though, is that syncing with the PC program can be done wirelessly. I didn't see anything that mentioned pricing or whether existing eWallet users will receive a discount.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Hi!

Thanks for following this and helping to keep folks updated! I just posted a long list of answers to the many questions we've received. (Ilium Software Blog » Blog Archive » Answers!)

I address pricing but to save you the trip over to our blog (if this is all you want to know) eWallet for iPhone will start out at $9.99. Since the AppStore doesn't have any sort of paid upgrade price option that we know of, this price lets us effectively offer the $10 add-on price to all of our existing users.

Marc Tassin
    Ilium Software
    marc@iliumsoft.com
    Pocket PC Software, Palm Software, Smartphone Software

Marc, that is great news and thanks for the update!
    John

I like the pricing! Does that include the desktop app?

Looks like desktop syncing is still on track for this month:
    Ilium Software Blog » Blog Archive » It’s synching! IT’S SYNCHING!

Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    Looks like desktop syncing is still on track for this month:
    Not likely. They haven't even confirmed the revised eWallet app has been submitted to Apple. After submission there is an average 10 day review period before it appears in the App Store. Mid September looks to be a more realistic date. It's unfortunate as they are losing/have lost customers by not having any sync method ready at launch. Their major competitors all have a sync capability.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Gregson View Post
    Not likely. They haven't even confirmed the revised eWallet app has been submitted to Apple. After submission there is an average 10 day review period before it appears in the App Store. Mid September looks to be a more realistic date. It's unfortunate as they are losing/have lost customers by not having any sync method ready at launch. Their major competitors all have a sync capability.
    True, it takes 7-10 days and they have not confirmed that they have submitted it. They know about the delay, though, and they have said they are on track for this month:

I submitted a comment asking them to confirm the date.

I don't know how much this is costing them business, though. Existing customers are pretty well locked in, since it's a PITA to migrate data. For new customers on Windows, the only option is SplashData, which has had a lot of sync issues, as I understand it. So, who knows?

I don't know how much this is costing them business, though. Existing customers are pretty well locked in, since it's a PITA to migrate data. For new customers on Windows, the only option is SplashData, which has had a lot of sync issues, as I understand it. So, who knows?
    Trouble is, that blog post is almost a week old (Aug 20). Hopefully your request will clarify things.

True - the lack of communication is not encouraging.

It is disheartening that no one at Ilium has answered your query regarding whether the revised eWallet has been submitted to Apple. I fear the silence provides the answer.

They answered. Apparently, it will be submitted to the App store tomorrow morning and may take only 5 - 7 days for publishing. This would be nice, no?
    It's working for me, there must not be anything wrong!

That's good - thanks for the update. Historically, they have not been the best communicators. They tend to hide behind "we release when it's ready, not according to the date on the calendar" a bit, but that's not an excuse for keeping people in the dark. Yes, I'm going to bring up the missing Blackberry version of eWallet (again). (I did see Marc's reference in his update, but this is the first update in 2 months)

Well, one thing that they say they do is thoroughly test their product to ensure that what they provide to the public works without bugs. I've been using their product for many years and can honestly say that I've never experienced a problem. Granted, it may be a seemingly simple application, but anyone that has done any application development can tell you that even the simplist of applications can cause more problems than they are worth.

Imagine if Apple had done better development and testing prior to releasing the 3G.....I prefer a stable product when released than one that may have issues as seen by the customers that will affect their productivity.
    It's working for me, there must not be anything wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by tojohnso View Post
    Well, one thing that they say they do is thoroughly test their product to ensure that what they provide to the public works without bugs. I've been using their product for many years and can honestly say that I've never experienced a problem. Granted, it may be a seemingly simple application, but anyone that has done any application development can tell you that even the simplist of applications can cause more problems than they are worth.

Imagine if Apple had done better development and testing prior to releasing the 3G.....I prefer a stable product when released than one that may have issues as seen by the customers that will affect their productivity.
    That's pretty much what I said. The problem is that the communication isn't there.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    This is great news!

I have aready bought the app for my iPhone.
    I currently own the MS Windows client for my PC.

Will I have to buy the client for my PC also?
    Or is there an free upgrade to the client PC sw?
    Last edited by Mark_A_K; 08-26-2008 at 01:33 PM.

Any word on whether they will be releasing a Mac client version?

I would love to be able to keep eWallet on my work PC, my Mac at home, and my iPhone. Otherwise, I'll have to decide whether to go with 1Password (and limit the wallet to my Mac and iPhone) or eWallet (and limit the wallet to my PC and iPhone).
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Or use SplashID, and get Mac, PC, and iPhone (and Blackberry and WM and Symbian and Palm). I'm not endorsing it - just pointing out that it's available.

Or use SplashID, and get Mac, PC, and iPhone (and Blackberry and WM and Symbian and Palm). I'm not endorsing it - just pointing out that it's available.
    Nice. Thanks. I was unaware that SplashID was available for all those platforms. I'll definitely need to take a closer look!
    -Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    Will I have to buy the client for my PC also?
    Or is there an free upgrade to the client PC sw?
    Quote Originally Posted by iProb8 View Post
    Any word on whether they will be releasing a Mac client version?
    It's my understanding that the existing Windows PC client will work with the iPhone after a free version upgrade patch. They want to do an OS X client for Macs, but it sounds like that's a bit down the road. I suspect they want to get the long-promised eWallet for BlackBerry out first.
    -Duncan

"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science, it is opinion" - R. Heinlein